CTD

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
tedbert86

CTD

Post by tedbert86 »

I am still enjoying the game very much but over the weekend the game experienced crash to desktop (CTD) numerous times, and it is getting very bothersome. Here are the symptoms.

1. I am playing the Pacific Campaign in version 1.05b.

2. Prior to the weekend the game experienced CTD on occasion. Every time I can remember I just restarted the game from the last save and things went along fine.

3. The first of the many CTDs occurred right after USSR declared war on Japan. It happended during AI conducting battle between USSR and Japan. Up to then I had set the preferences to let me see and manually close AI initiated battle windows.

4. When restarting the game and even rebooting my computer would not allow me to proceed in the game due to the continuous CTD during AI actions (after I hit end turn), I adjusted the preferences to a 2 sec display for AI initiated battle windows. I was able to move on in the game.

5. The 2 sec preference worked for a while, but I eventually got to a later turn when I had the continuous CTD again during AI actions (after I hit end turn), and could not move on in the game. At that point I adjusted the preferences to not show AI initiated battle windows

6. With the not showing AI initiated battle windows preference, I have had more CTD during AI actions (after I hit end turn), but with these I have been able to restart the game and move on in the game.

7. In summary the highlights are: After USSR enters war against Japan game is experiencing numerous CTDs during the AI actions portion (after I hit end turn). Only work-around that allows me to move on with the game is adjusting preferences to not show AI initiatied battle windows (that is not the setting I prefer, but I have to live with it until there is a fix).

I checked and my system exceeds the requirements listed on the Matrix web page for the game.
Your assistance in helping me would be greatly appreciated

doomtrader

RE: CTD

Post by doomtrader »

Is there any chance that you will send me your save game that is causing those issues?

Return to “Tech Support”