SS-Kampfgruppe Erwin Im Krieg

After action reports/During Action Reports on your SP:WaW battels!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

KG Erwin

SS-Kampfgruppe Erwin Im Krieg

Post by KG Erwin »

OK, this is an experiment, so bear with me. Using Enhanced 2009, I'm gonna attempt a few long campaign battles as the Germans.

Poland, Sept 1939: my kampfgruppe is part of PzDiv Kempf, and we are to lead the advance into enemy territory. However, we are only partially motorized, as the infantry will march on foot. The core of KG Erwin is the I. Battalion of the Deutschland Regt. We will be accompanied by a mixed Panzer Kp with 9 Pz II, 6 Pz I and 6 PzIV. Also attached is a platoon of motorized engineers, a Lt Recon Plt with a few armored cars & motorcyclists, and four SdKfz 10/4 SP flak wagons. Heavy weapons support is supplied by six 81mm mortars, two 75mm infantry guns and four 37mm ATGs (all motorized). Total point cost: 2637.

Our front is 3000 yards wide, and four east-west roads cross the map. There is a town just ahead of our startline, in the middle of the map. This will be bypassed and attacked from the east.

I have a few ammo vehicles, but no available offboard artillery or air support.

My plan is to make the schwerpunkt on the southern (right) flank. There, just south of the town, is 1st Company, accompanied by a tank platoon. On the southernmost road will be the Recon Plt, the motorized engineers and the second platoon of tanks. My HQ unit will follow 1st Company.

In the north is 2nd and 3rd Companies, with the third tank platoon in support. This is the diversionary effort, to pin down the enemy. I hope to outflank and trap any enemy forces within the town, and lead the southern group towards the rear objective point. My mortars will lay smoke on either side of the town.
KG Erwin

RE: SS-Kampfgruppe Erwin Im Krieg

Post by KG Erwin »

We advance at 1700 hrs. It is raining. The mixed recon/armor column races ahead on the south road. Motorcyclists spot a Polish armored car. Two PzIVs move up. Four shots --four misses! Verdammt! Up comes an armored car -- its 20mm cannon quickly dispatches the Polish vehicle. Vorwarts!
vahauser

Post by vahauser »

Let's see a map and screenshots.
Riun T

Post by Riun T »

YA Glenn,lets see what ya got goin on ![8D]
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

Thanks, guys, but I just played out a couple of turns as a lark. However, I'm not gonna delete the save, as I may return to it. I have a tough time getting into a "German" frame of mind for any extended period. I kept going back to that "jungle fever" mindset, and crave returning to it as commander of a Marine battalion. When I'm in the jungle, I can't wait to get out of it, but when I leave it, I get a strange desire to go back. Go figure.
vahauser

Post by vahauser »

I think you are schizoid.  Some part of you yearns to play the Germans.  But then something else happens. . .
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: vahauser

I think you are schizoid.  Some part of you yearns to play the Germans.  But then something else happens. . .

Hmm... I'll have to ask my evil alter-ego. [:'(]

Return to “SPWaW AAR/DAR”