How to create tiny maps

Trade tips and tricks, workarounds maps, and graphics mods. Why certain scenarios or campaigns are favorites, or how to improve stinkers. Attach your work to share/critique.

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

ACGSteve

How to create tiny maps

Post by ACGSteve »

How do you create tiny maps (maps smaller than the standard "small" size that the editor comes with)? There is one scenario I know of that takes place of Mt. Suribachi of Iwo Jima that is quite small. I want to know how to do this so I can create a quick-play map involving a ruined portion of Stalingrad.
FlashfyreSP

RE: How to create tiny maps

Post by FlashfyreSP »

There are a number of blank maps of smaller-than-normal size included in the game: Wild Bill made up a bunch of them, in sizes ranging from 80x80 to 20x60. Some are square, most rectangular. They should be on the first 2 pages of Maps in the Editor.
ImageImage
tracer

Post by tracer »

When Bill first crated them, he posted a .zip containing about a dozen (either here or at the Depot); I don't have a link, but perhaps a search will find it.
Jim NSB ImageImage
vahauser

Post by vahauser »

I just checked the Enhanced DVRN map list and on the very first page of the list is a 20x30 blank map.  So, the smallest "standard" map is 20x30.
Don Doom

Post by Don Doom »

Actually the smallest map is a Blank 10x10.
Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

Return to “SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns”