Problem Starting a Battle

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Vergial

Problem Starting a Battle

Post by Vergial »

Maybe it's some random form of stupidity on my part, but every time I start a battle (random map, 6000 BP, USA vs anyone) I can get past the parts where I buy my units. But once I get to the deploy screen or, if I use auto-deploy, the battle map, the entire map is nothing but a black screen. The battle icons are still in place on the right of the screen, and the game apparently registers units I place (I clicked like a loony, and if my mouse was over a unit of mine I got the info), but I can't see a bloody thing.

Any idea what might've gone wrong? I've got the latest drivers for my card (nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX 1 GB VRAM) and I've got an AMD Athlon 4400 x2 Processor, 3 Gigs of RAM. Game version is 8.4.
Korpraali V

RE: Problem Starting a Battle

Post by Korpraali V »

Hi Vergial!

You still have the problem? I don't have an answer to your problem but it may relate to too new drivers as well... or then not. You may also want to ask about the issue in the Depot at www.spwaw.com

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”