Iron cross instead of swastika

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Flyboy

Iron cross instead of swastika

Post by Flyboy »

I remember finding a patch a couple of years ago that swapped the swastika for an iron cross on Germany's flag in SPWAW.

Does anyone have a link to that patch that works with 8.0?
plloyd

RE: Iron cross instead of swastika

Post by plloyd »

You don't need a link. Look in the Extras directory. Both the Iron Cross and Swastika are in there. Just copy the shape files for which ever you want into your SHP directory.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.
returnfire

Post by returnfire »

ORIGINAL: plloyd
You don't need a link. Look in the Extras directory. Both the Iron Cross and Swastika are in there.

Actually, this only applies if you "upgraded" from v7.1 to v8.0-- those two folders are NOT available in a fresh install of v8.0 [:@] (Those two folders were available in v7.1 though.)
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

These alternate flag icons WILL be available with 8.2 in the "Extras" folder.
plloyd

Post by plloyd »

Actually they were availible in my fresh install of 8.0d. I have no insight into what you may not have. Are you sure you looked in the "Extras" directory and not the "SHP" directory? They were in the SHP directory in 7.1, they are in the Extras in 8.0.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.
returnfire

Post by returnfire »

ORIGINAL: plloyd

Actually they were availible in my fresh install of 8.0d.

Ah. The file I got was v8.0b. That explains why the icons were not available.

<Returnfire reluctantly starts downloading 8.0d with the 56k modem while waiting for v8.2 to come out [:@]>
Yamashita

Post by Yamashita »

hmm, found the Iron Cross folder & copied & pasted to the SHP directory overwriting the previous files but dtill see Swasticas in the game.

Any ideas?
BTW my start up screen shows version 8.0 with no letter (if that makes a difference)
gladius2metal

Re: RE: Iron cross instead of swastika

Post by gladius2metal »

Yamashita wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:02 pm hmm, found the Iron Cross folder & copied & pasted to the SHP directory overwriting the previous files but dtill see Swasticas in the game.

Any ideas?
BTW my start up screen shows version 8.0 with no letter (if that makes a difference)
I have exactly the same problem, I know almost 2 decades have passed, but I was thinking about streaming Steel Panthers, but I can't do that with swastikas in there.

EDIT: so I suspected that maybe the files from the folders are the same, but they aren't, except one of the 4. I then checked with the SHP editor and the iron cross is used instead of the swastika. So I have no idea what is going on, maybe the number 0016 and 0061 are not correct anymore and some other files need to be replaced?
gladius2metal

Re: Iron cross instead of swastika

Post by gladius2metal »

found the solution, in the Battle.shp the flags are at position 234, 235 and 236 with the ShpEd.exe in the Chlanda folder those can be replaced, although it is a bit of a clumsy process (3 files) see the readme.txt in Chlanda folder section "Basic Editing", the iron_cross bitmap is ideally used from one of the other files in the iron cross folder.

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”