Blood Bath in Holland!

With over 7000 threads, a lot great material lies buried in the Darkest Reaches. These represent what the community has agreed are some of the best SP:WaW threads to date.

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Orzel Bialy

Call to Arms....

Post by Orzel Bialy »

The SS Command in Berlin receives a message from the field that there are Tommy and Amerikan paratroopers descending all along the area of the lower Rhine area of Holland! The order is put forth....Smash this Operation Immediately!

Units of the Waffen-SS have made short work of several English AFV's that came parading down the streets of Arnhem as if the war was over....and in a way they were right, it is over for them now!

Luckily we just happened to be here in the immediate area...and we are anxious to assist our fellow comrades of the Wehrmacht in crushing this little party the allies have thrown. (This operation has "Montgomery" written all over it.)

Soldiers of the Reich! Forward to Battle! This is to be a battle without Mercy...no quarter shall be given...no prisoners taken! It is time these Englishmen and their Cousins from across the Atlantic be taught a stern lesson!
hellcat

*********BONG**********

Post by hellcat »

Round TWO

**************BONG*****************
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Orzel I never got the e-mail....

Did you send it?

My e-mail is reaper149@hotmail.com in case you didnt know.
M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

Okay! I think I might have my e-mail stright! from here on please send all e-mails to me at M4A376L@AOL.COM I might still have to mail out from yahoo but I can now recive larger files and more of them at the AOL address.. thanks guys! :)

I have all of my game files except mine and FJs.. FJ please send to AOL address..

M4 Jess

Im making war, not trouble~

Orzel Bialy

FJ...Jess

Post by Orzel Bialy »

I tried sending out the files last night...AOL was booting me every 10-15 minutes for some reason. I thought the one to Jess got through...FJ, it finished on Yahoo...but it cut right when I hit send...when I tired to log back on I couldn't get thru.

So...if neither of you received the files I will resend them tonight when I get home....provided AOL is not performing in the same manner.
Orzel Bialy

OK everyone...please check your mailboxes

Post by Orzel Bialy »

I just resent the files to Jess (the AOL addy this time) and to you FJ.
Please let me know if you get those.
Sorry for the delay....I re-added your addy to my addybook FJ...and Jess, after I asked you Hellcat informed me that I was suppose to sent FJ the file as well...that's when I went back in and tried to send it to him...without success. :(
Hope this gets everything back on track...and hopefully AOL doesn't give me any more headaches. Last night was the first night I ever had that happen to me...go figure.
hellcat

Take 2 everyone!

Post by hellcat »

*******************BONG*******************

Round Two :D

*******************BONG*******************
M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

lets all think about this a second..

. file names..

FJ names all his files as "1a" and so on.. 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a...ect...

(the number is the same as the turn #)

Gob is "1b"

Hellrat..I mean Hellcat...;) "2a"

Orzel as "2b"

thoughts?

Jess..starting more trouble
:)

hellcat

uh?

Post by hellcat »

what for Jess-san?
hellcat

you da boss!

Post by hellcat »

but I'm not quite with you... you mean the zip files we send you, or each other as well? or what exactly?

a hellcat complies but is confused...
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Could we keep the thread clean of this extra stuff? If we need to chat, let's do it at 'Need 3 PBEM vets'. Us players should try to post our turn descriptions only (or at least play related things). Everyone else feel free to post whatever.

Goblin- A Goblin doesn't want the mood spoiled

PS-Ograbme, as I understand it, Jess will post the occasional screenshot. Thanks for your interest! Sorry for the slow, stumbling start!
M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

Gob is right! :)

Back to the battle at hand! :mad:

screenshots comming up!

Fallschirmjager

Turn 2

Ok....here we go...
After some delays we are back.

101st:
In eindhoven I meet a halftrack and some infantry. I move my force closer to the town, but ill have to clear it in order to let XX corps pass through. In Vegal I take heavy losses against infantry on the edge of the town. I may not be able to take the bridge their.

82nd:
That bunker continues to be a problem and whats worse I see a platoon of fritz moving to engage me...Im starting to have second thoughts about being the airborne. :(

1st British:
Mostly quite up here.....Move my force closer to the town but dont see any new units.....odd....

It was a quite turn....hopefully itll stay that way.
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

The British swarm over the defenders at the trenches, blasting an Observation post out of existance. More Brit armor comes forward, and a 50mm ATG dies. Enemy infantry are machinegunned just north of the trenches.

A third 50mm ATG, located in the house just north of the defensive line, has fired on several vehicles, but not hit any.

The call of 'INCOMING!!' is heard, and Tommys leap for cover. thump-thump-Thump-Thump-THUMP-THUMP! The mortar rounds walk up the column, a mix of 81 and 120mm rounds.

KaBOOM! A Sherman V, too late getting off the target zone, is crushed by a 120mm round. Stuck behind the burning wreck, his squad mates attempt to back up and manuever. Too late. The delay has proved deadly. 81mm rounds bracket, and then hit, another Sherman V. KaBLAM!!

Troopships, dropping reinforcements for our beseiged AB comrades, report in enemy positions. We begin to despair on ever reaching our paras. Alot stands between us....

Goblin- A Goblin wanted more arty
Fallschirmjager

two shermans from mortar rounds!?!?

Those are better than ATG's are they ob or on b?
hellcat

wehrmacht report in!

Post by hellcat »

We report XXX corps are through the initial defences and proceeding toward Eindhoven...

The enemy have entered Eindhoven which we have now reinforced and beginning to make our presence felt there :)

The attack on Veghal has been seen off for now and is holding.

Grave is under a pincer attack, airborne are attacking the north side and have also now been spotted to the East...

Nijmegan, enemy airborne approaching the town... they have also been spotted and engaged in Groosbeck.

apart from the loss of a halftrack in Grave and the loss of contact with the defenders at the line against XXX corps, we report no significant losses.

Alot of planes just went over :( more paras and gliders...

Dascat out!
hellcat

correction

Post by hellcat »

that's to the West of Grave... 'shoot that man will you hauptmann!'
M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

neutral commentator..

While I understand the Allies concern about their Arty, I am sure the German players are also worried about thiers.. we have all seen what a 120mm Mrt can do as well as even the Allied 60mm is a little mean infantry eating machine..the lack of a normal Arty quality and Qty was a design desicion...remember the scale of this battle and the amount of ground we are trying to cover, much more arty would have (and did in play test) been a battle of Arty killing anything and everything.. seeing both sides turn 2 I feel the battle flow is right on time (so far) for both sides..

Hang in there boys! WAR IS HELL!

M4 Jess

Orzel Bialy

SS and FJ do their parts

Post by Orzel Bialy »

The allies are now short a 37mm ATG that they were attempting to get into position to fire on some of our panzers in and around Einhoven....as well as a AB squad we captured after a brief firefight.

Elsewhere move our troops into position to counter the allied thrusts that appear to be aimed at taking the bridges in this area.
More transports and gliders are sighted...my, this is a massive operation on their part!
Fallschirmjager

Turn 3....

The battle is coming on strong now.

101st:
I dont want to give alot away but the battle in eidnhoven and veghal isnt going well at all...
Strong german reinfrcements are attacking the landing zone are not helping either....My brave souls at the bridge in Grave are fighting hard even though they have been hlved in strength.

82nd:
This area is heating up as well.
Strong renforcement is helping out but Fritz will have to be driven back street by street, house by house, room by room.
Progress is painfully slow...I have no mobilityt anywhere except my way of my mens own 2 feet.

1st British:
It is still very, very quiet up in Arnehm....But progress is slow here as well.....but I have taken the bridge now I gota crush those bunkers.....

XXX corps is slow but very through....Goblin has already wiped out a few hundred german points..

Return to “SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame”