Novastar Scenario Information

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Iron Cross

Novastar Scenario Information

Post by Iron Cross »

Fellow SPWAW Fanatics,

I have noticed a large number of posts recently having to do with the Novastar game company. If any of you are interested, I purchased every single scenario disk they ever did for both SP1 and SP2. Although I don't have the info in front of me, all of the disks and associated info is sitting next to my computer at home. If anyone is interested in titles, facts or any other info concerning the large number of Novastar scenario disks and campaigns, just reply to this post.

Major D
AKA: Iron Cross
"Wenn Alles Bruders Es Schweigen"
:D :D :D :D
Col David A. Davenport (USMCR)
MSSI - 0202/0210
JFCOM - JTC (Intel/Counter-Intel)
Mikimoto

Post by Mikimoto »

Hello.
I'm interested in one "special" theme. That is Warzone (Mutant Chronichles) and the adaptation to SP1 or SP2 that Novastar made.
I listened about it (actually readed) in a french magazine, the marvellous and dead Ciberestratège.
I don't know if this is true. Don't know if it was for SP1 or SP2.
Do you know if it existed?

Thanks'n'Saludos :p
Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Perhaps a list of the CDs made by Novastar would be of keen interest, Iron Cross.

Like you, I have every floppy of every series and campaigns. I still have all the booklets and all the copies of Warzone.

They could not be considered "Collector's Items."

And a fitting tribute to a ground breaker in the smaller independent gaming companies which is a legacy for us here at Matrix.

Wild Bill
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
jsaurman

Post by jsaurman »

Since Novastar is dead and gone, isn't all their stuff considered freeware now? Couldn't someone post all the SP1/2 files to a website and let some enterprising player download and update one or more of them to SPWAW? Surely that would make the Landry's happy, to know that their legacy lives on....

JIM
Iron Cross

Post by Iron Cross »

To All,

Concerning Novastar and its excellent work for SP1 and SP2, I will post next week all of the scenario disk names as well as the campaigns. I do not believe that they can be posted as shareware, as the scenarios themselves were copyrighted, even thought the company no longer exists. If someone who is more up on copyright law would like to comment, I would be happy to hear from you. Novastar had a special place in my heart as a company with great potential and expertise in scenario creation.
"Although we are surrounded, I feel sorry for the Russians, they have no idea who they are fighting"

Iron Cross
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Col David A. Davenport (USMCR)
MSSI - 0202/0210
JFCOM - JTC (Intel/Counter-Intel)
Christian Blex

Post by Christian Blex »

originally posted by Iron Cross

Hi Iron Cross, I truely do not want to offend you nor to be arrogant, but I'm looking at these words and questioning about their meanings for 5 minutes and I still do not get it. I'm just interrested in what you wanted to say, maybee I can give you the correct translation. :)
"Kotzen und kleckern!!!"
alexcan

Re: Novastar Scenario Information

Post by alexcan »

Oh yes if you are still around I would dearly love to get in contact with you about the Wargame Construction set 2 scenario disks developed by NOVASTAR. Guess it will be close to a miracle if you or anyone else sees this message but I have to try.
If anyone else can help that would be great too! There are a number of disks I'm after including disks 8, 11, and 20. Also Wild Bill Wilder classics 1- 6

alexcan
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Try here, the hapshot files might contain them.

https://alternatewars.com/Games/SP/SPanthers.htm

I only play Shrapnel's version of SPWW2 and MBT, tis the only updated, bug fixed and enhanced version of the SP series, has been updated for the last 22+ years. SPWAW is pretty much dead.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
alexcan

Post by alexcan »

Thanks Zovs but it is the Wargame Construction Set 2 scenario disKs I am after that were developed by Novastar. WCS2 predated Steel Panthers.

i do have a question though. Is there anyway of removing the FOG OF WAR in Steel Panthers?

Alex
alexcan

Post by alexcan »

Thanks Zovs, Unfortunately it is the Wargame Construction set 2 disks developed by Novastar that I am after and not Steel Panthers. I do have a question though. Is there a command to remove Fog of War from Steel Panthers?

Alex

'
jbmoore68

Post by jbmoore68 »

alexcan

Post by alexcan »

Thanks JBMOORE68 but I have already obtained all the scenarios located on that site.

Even though there are many scenarios located there it is unfortunately incomplete and i think the website creator is unfortunately deceased.

alexcan
alexcan

Re: Novastar Scenario disks

Post by alexcan »

Will pay very well for Novastasr Wargame Construction Set disks if anyone has the ones I haven't already got. Would prefer with booklets but will take the scenarios if I haven't got them as well.

Alex

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”