Withdrawal

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
Rasputitsa

Withdrawal

Post by Rasputitsa »

I have posted a summary of the v1.04 AAR, including game behaviour on 'withdrawal' moves, which is an item that looks like a bug :

Withdrawal: An anomaly is that if you select an action, the game allows you to then cancel/change it, except for 'Withdrawal'. If you select 'withdrawal', to look at the available hexes to move to, and then do not proceed to activate that move, the unit will still withdraw during the resolution phase. I was surprised several times when units made an un-commanded move back, until I realised that I had been exploring 'withdrawal' options for those units, even though I had not actually set a 'withdrawal' move.

When you explore the 'withdraw' options for a unit (check the highlighted hexes available for a move), then move on to other units without activating a withdrawal order, if you return to the first unit to check withdrawal options again, you find less hexes highlighted than on the first check. Just guessing, but has the game allocated fuel for the withdrawal move even though you haven't actually activated the order, so now there is less fuel, fewer hexes to move to, when you do the next withdrawal check. I need to run more situations, to see if there is any pattern in this behaviour.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Rasputitsa

RE: Withdrawal

Post by Rasputitsa »

Here are three images from the same turn on one unit, where I have selected 'Withdraw' to check the available moves, but not clicked to activate a move to any of the hexes, just right clicked to clear screen.

Each time you go back to check the 'Withdraw' options the available hexes get less and less, whilst nothing else has been done this turn and the fuel levels remain the same. I haven't selected a hex for the unit to 'withdraw' to, but on turn resolution this unit will withdraw.

I haven't selected a withdraw hex, so it's random where this unit will end up.

The temporary fix, is not to select 'withdraw' unless you really mean it and chose the withdraw hex on the first try, because if you go back, the options to move will reduce.

It's worth noting that nothing in the lower info bar has changed, no fuel has been allocated for a move, but I have chosen a situation where fuel levels are high, so this should not be a factor in the change of available hexes to move.
Attachments
Withdrawal1.jpg
Withdrawal1.jpg (299.65 KiB) Viewed 401 times
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
pzgndr

RE: Withdrawal

Post by pzgndr »

+1 This would be a good improvement, especially if the PFE series expands to other scenarios like France 43/44.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer

Return to “Tech Support”