Can't Change Resolution?

Piercing Fortress Europa is a new game from veteran game designer Frank Hunter, which covers the campaigns of the Western Allies from July, 1943 through the end of April, 1945 in Sicily and Italy. Each area has its own map and time scale to best represent the campaigns for Sicily and Italy and the player is offered complete freedom, limited only by a historical order of battle and logistics model, to plan his operations and explore all of the many “what ifs” that the Italian theater has to offer.
Werewolf13

Can't Change Resolution?

Post by Werewolf13 »

See Subject. Options appear but clicking on RES doesn't have any effect.

Can't find a config file either to edit.

At a loss.

Any help!
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Rasputitsa

RE: Can't Change Resolution?

Post by Rasputitsa »

AFAIK the only chance you get to select resolution is on the opening screen and you can set any game resolution option that your computer is able to use, as shown in your computer 'display settings'.

These are the resolution options that I get and I chose 1920x1080, which is the default display setting for my computer.

On smaller laptops the available game resolutions do not match the laptop default settings, so I change the laptop resolution setting to an option that the game has available. It is likely that the game setting might not completely fill the screen, or maybe could be too big (losing some of the game screen), so you try for any combination game setting/computer resolution setting which works, even if it is not full screen.

I am using the game down to a 10.1" screen, which works OK, only you don't get as much of the map at that scale, but the CHEMKID map and counter mods are clear and big enough to use at that size.
Attachments
Screen.jpg
Screen.jpg (42.92 KiB) Viewed 920 times
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Return to “Piercing Fortress Europa”