Vee-Day-Europe

Piercing Fortress Europa is a new game from veteran game designer Frank Hunter, which covers the campaigns of the Western Allies from July, 1943 through the end of April, 1945 in Sicily and Italy. Each area has its own map and time scale to best represent the campaigns for Sicily and Italy and the player is offered complete freedom, limited only by a historical order of battle and logistics model, to plan his operations and explore all of the many “what ifs” that the Italian theater has to offer.
terminator

Vee-Day-Europe

Post by terminator »

Hi,
This game is on my list. I had been looking at this game since it came out.
Tomorrow, it's the Vee-Day-Europe.
I hope that there will be a special promotion for this particular day
Yogi the Great

RE: Vee-Day-Europe

Post by Yogi the Great »

Enjoy the game, unique concept of movement and supply make it a good game and challenge.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

CHEMKID's Map and Counter mods make the game look as good as it plays. See the AARs for comments on anomalies in the game, but nothing which a game-breaker, or detracts from the quality of the game.

Managing supply can be frustrating, but this is the Italian Theatre, it is supposed to be this way, but it certainly can be a challenge. [8D]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

The AAR is now up to Turn 78, but I haven't had time to write the detail.

I have just had a breakthrough on the West coast, although I know there are more Axis units coming down the coast road and unless I can get all the way up to LIVORNO, there will not be enough supply coverage to push much further North on this front.

In the East the AI has just taken a step back with all the blocking units, the significance of that is that I will have to move forward before I can launch an attack. I have spent the last few turns loading units with 'combat supply' in preparation for an attack and I will now have to burn up fuel, which I don't have much of, moving forward into contact.

I need to capture ANCONA to have a port to supply any further advance in the East and the AI is determined to delay that capture for as long as possible.

I am trying to move the Commando Brigade, near Lago di Bolsena to the port of CIVITAVECCHIA, to be used in a landing attempt to capture LIVORNO, ahead of the armoured units hoping to push North along the coast, but I cannot even spare the fuel to move that small unit right now, with the other commitments there are.

There is just not enough supply to attack on both coastal fronts at the same time and even when there is the chance of a breakthrough, there is not the fuel to get enough units moving, but it is all frustratingly realistic. [:)]
Attachments
T78aaOver..18.08.44.jpg
T78aaOver..18.08.44.jpg (690.74 KiB) Viewed 353 times
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

An excellent game that reflects the historical challenges facing both sides, IMO.
A Sharif

Return to “Piercing Fortress Europa”