SPzAbt 503 seeks volunteers.

This forum is intended for questions on scenario and campaign design, including the random scenario and campaign systems. This is also the location to upload and post your latest new scenarios and campaigns.

Moderator: rickier65

sztartur2

RE: SPzAbt 503 seeks volunteers.

Post by sztartur2 »

Is someone playing this? :) I lost hope.
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

What is the status of your core?
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

In battle one, I lost one PZIV, the rest were recovered. I think I might have lost a squad or two. Battle two, no losses. Battle three I forgot to check to see if I could buy replacements.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

As you describe your first battle was quite like it happened IRL.
The second too.

SPOILER

Do not expect such easy battles any more :).
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

Is there any further feedback on this?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I haven't played any games for a while. I will be out of town this weekend too.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

i'm planning to start this over with the new patch Artur.

Thanks!
Rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

szartur,

I finished the first battle in this campaign using the new patch. It wasn't any easier this time around! Went to turn 43 and I ended with a Marginal victory. Your AT guns were well hidden and well positioned.

When I finally scored the victory, I think I might have had only 1 or 2 tanks left with no damage. I lost quite a few, and quite a few more had either track damage, or engine damage.

Thanks!
rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

The second engagement proceeded more according to orders. As the 3rd Co. 503 Bn pressed forward we surprised a shipment of AT guns moving toward the front. I spread my three plattoons out and ordered them to advance. After about 15 minutes of moving forward and shooting as AT guns exposed their positions, I thought I had silenced the guns. I gave the order to the entire company to engage and move forward. A couple of unseen ATs opened up, but were soon silenced by my Tigers.

As one of my Tigers started down the track, he was suprised by two squads of Infantry making a suicidal close assault. They damaged his engine, but soon the rest of the Tigers were supporting and the enemy infantry was was taken prisoner. A legendary victory for the 3rd Company, Abt. 503.

We'll rest and regroup in the village and head out first thing in the morning.

Rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

There was a request for the campaign files, so I've packed them into a JSMGE zip file. If you don't use JSGME you can unzip the zipfile and see where the files go. I assume Artur won't mind, but if he does, or if he has a later version hopefully he'll post here.

Here is a link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6783831/Sztartu ... Bundle.zip

Thanks
rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

This is turning out to be a "Hard Morning" . AT guns opened up on the Tigers as the left Mezotere. The Tigers stopped to engage, and then the mortars started. These Tigers don't have to worry too much about 81mm mortars, but This platoon starts buttoning up as the shells get closer.

Rick

Attachments
mortarsTi..uttonup.jpg
mortarsTi..uttonup.jpg (466.7 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

Rick,

Thank you for the report and for the assembled install package.

Good luck with your Hard Morning [:D]
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

If by any means possible, play with the version above. at the end of the testing I will have a look at the issues.
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Awesome screenshot Rick. :)
Can't wait to start this
Mike
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I'm still having "A Hard Morning". I've only been able to get a few turns each day. I'm about Turn 17. I'm enjoying this battle. it has something for everyone in my force to do.

I've lost 2 Pz Grndr squads and 2 HTs to mortar fire, and 2 others routing for last several turns but finally rallied. A ZIS took out one Pz IVs. Then I was hit in my right flank and I have 2 more Pz Grndr Squads routing.

I haven't siezed any of the objectives, but I'm approaching the first farmstead now.

Rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Another PzIV is taken out as I cleared the first farmstead NE of Mezotur. It's been a hard morning for the Pz IVs.

Rick

Attachments
AHardMorn..forPzIV.jpg
AHardMorn..forPzIV.jpg (321.7 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

I just played "Ivan Strikes Back"...Got a "Legendary Victory"....Didnt lose any forces on this one. I had SPz Abt 503/III/I & II take out like 15 tanks by themselves...Was awesome to give them some of their own medicine for a change. Past couple battles had taken a beating with my tanks. Mostly just motor damage and such...but, a few were total write offs. Wanted to post a screenshot, but it didnt come out.
Mike
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

Did anybody play this? :)
erichswafford

Post by erichswafford »

Unfortunately, while PCO runs well on my machine otherwise, all of the 503 scenarios (and only those scenarios) crash at the point where it is loading Units (during loading, in other words).

I would love to play these scenarios from this very interesting period of the war! Do you have a solution by any chance?
"It is right to learn, even from the enemy."
- Ovid

Return to “Scenarios and Campaigns”