Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

HintJ

RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game

Post by HintJ »

ORIGINAL: popllt
ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

The current list:

19. A command system that is bit more straight forward when one wants give individual orders.

Hi! MR

I strongly recommend "A command system that can give individual orders".

I played "Operation Spring Awakening (1) March 9, 1945- hungary" just now. My platoon sneaked into the villiage for scouting. The leader squad mounted into the house first, and I wanted another squad far away to rush into the house. But first I must give RUSH ORDER to the leader squad which had mounted into the house, then the other squads could RUSH.

The current command system is "the squad act what the leader is acting", but sometimes the squads need the action themselves independently.

Thanks!
I'm playing a random campaign using dazoline II's mod that allows for easy use of custom units. In the campaign, I have each unit as an separate platoon. By doing this, I have full order menus available in each turn for each unit, and I have no need for a reaction phase, as I play at 40:0 turn structure. I've also played a 60 second turn game for more of a CMBB feel.

It worked great!

I also removed all the "1/2/1-2" style naming and gave each unit a unique common name. For example, my three halftracks have the names of famous preachers: I have "Oral Roberts," "Jimmy Swaggart," and "Robert Tilton" commanding them. This makes the message box very personal and immediately relevant. It is also more fun, especially if Oral Roberts achieves veteran driving status or if Robert Tilton earns a War Merit Badge.

I must say that this campaign so far has been the most deeply satisfying experience playing PC, of any version.

But I seriously want the command view back for buttoned tanks!

"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

I think I would like to see the gun penetration to be represented by mm at a range chart like in CMx1 or with a circular chart where you can scroll through and select your target tank and have the penetration data represented. Something like what Mobius posted way back in the STuG thread. I find that what is shown now takes away from the immersion factor of the game. Might be nice to have a button so that when you have one of your own guns/tanks selected and you hover over the target you would bring up this chart.
7thcav

Post by 7thcav »

I would like to have the ability to restrict visibility height when creating a pbm , such as locking it to the commanders view. This I believe would add considerably to the challenge and realism of pbm battles. I realize a lot of folks won't like that idea but I believe ( hopefully )some will.

bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

One thing that drives me nuts is the mini map doesnt move right with the camera.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

One thing that drives me nuts is the mini map doesnt move right with the camera.

the mini-map is fixed with north to the top. this way the random battle briefings have a point of reference. the camera cone should follow the cam view reasonably close. though I think it was reported that it can be slightly off.

thanks
rick
Owl

Post by Owl »

Wish list addition (if it's not already in here someplace)

Ability to click on spotted enemy unit and have some indication of what friendly units are can see it.
When I click on one of my units, only enemy units it can see appear on the map. I would like a toggle or something so that if I click on an enemy unit, only units on my side that are in visual contact appear (or some other way to see who sees what).
(.) (.)

...V...
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: Owl

Wish list addition (if it's not already in here someplace)

Ability to click on spotted enemy unit and have some indication of what friendly units are can see it.
When I click on one of my units, only enemy units it can see appear on the map. I would like a toggle or something so that if I click on an enemy unit, only units on my side that are in visual contact appear (or some other way to see who sees what).
That' a popular wish. I wanted as far back a PCK.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
LeadMeister

Post by LeadMeister »

Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: LeadMeister
.. this one particular missing feature "transport AT/Infantry guns" is a game stopper for him.
This is on some to-do list, but I'm not sure which one.
Towing AT guns into postion and setup would be nice but it isn't in every show.
panzer
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: LeadMeister
I'm trying to convince my brother to get PCO so we can do some PBEM'ing. He's hardcore Combat Mission, and this one particular missing feature "transport AT/Infantry guns" is a game stopper for him. Sure hope it's included on the "to-do" list.

Tell him to just try the demo and then decide. If you look at the % of time in combat that an AT gun was moved, vs the % of times they weren't, I don't see the big deal. Of course, I'd like to move them too.

The main issue with them, for me, is campaigns.

Towing guns is on the list to be fixed but I wouldn't consider it even a speed bump let alone a deal breaker.

To each his own.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

It would be much better if the infantry would enter buildings automatically (like CM)instead of mount/enter. Same for trenches/foxholes/vehicles.

One example. Yous squad is in a position that is very close to the house but cannot enter yet. Withinn 10 seconds they could enter automatically to cover.But no it ha s to pass another 40 seconds and during that the quad is mowed down after reaching the entry point and staying put. It is also not possible to enter a house from one direction and exit from another. something very basic in urban warfare!!! this is very painful as it is now...
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: sztartur

It would be much better if the infantry would enter buildings automatically (like CM)instead of mount/enter. Same for trenches/foxholes/vehicles.

One example. Yous squad is in a position that is very close to the house but cannot enter yet. Withinn 10 seconds they could enter automatically to cover.But no it ha s to pass another 40 seconds and during that the quad is mowed down after reaching the entry point and staying put. It is also not possible to enter a house from one direction and exit from another. something very basic in urban warfare!!! this is very painful as it is now...

You can order your units to move and mount. if it moves close enough to the building, it will mount automatically.

Thanks
rick
HintJ

Post by HintJ »

ORIGINAL: Rick

You can order your units to move and mount. if it moves close enough to the building, it will mount automatically.

Thanks
rick

Sometimes they do; sometimes they don't.

"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: HintJ

ORIGINAL: Rick

Thanks
rick

Sometimes they do; sometimes they don't.

I'm not sure what you mean HintJ. You should be able to plot a movement and if the movement path ends on a building the rubberband should turn pink. When the unit executes the movement, it should automatically mount when it reaches the building, unless the building is already occupied up to it's capacity.

Is that not happening?

Thanks
Rick
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

What I experienced is that they dod not. they stood there in the open. I might have to try it some more times.

The proble of entering one side and leaving at the other still exists. I am also an airsoft player and in "urban" scenarios we often enter/exit through the windows...
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

The proble of entering one side and leaving at the other still exists. I am also an airsoft player and in "urban" scenarios we often enter/exit through the windows...

Yes, that is one issue we will need to look at in future releases. There are a number of issues to be looked at when we work toward more combat in urbanized areas.

If you have a saved game where the unit doesn't enter the building please upload and we can take a look.

thanks
rick
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Yeah, I can see someday that if you press dismount for a unit you would get a rubber band to string out from the house position to the direction you want to dismount. Seems do-able.
panzer
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

Why not just enter/exit automatically like in CM?
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Why not just enter/exit automatically like in CM?
I don't know what that is. Is it unlimited occupancy?
panzer
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

No. You just make a new go/run/crawl whatever moving order into a building and the squad automatically enters. Same with exit. You just set the squad to go somewhere and they exit the building in the shortest path to the destination.

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”