Screenshot of the day...

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

rickier65

RE: Daugai Lithuania

Post by rickier65 »

as a side note I think the withdrawal order needs to be a suborder of all the orders so you can use it to back off with one tank. Sometimes you want to reposition a tank without turning

Nice battle report. Thanks!

also, you should be able to issue individual unit withdrawal order during the reaction phase, that won't affect other units in the platoon.

Also, I don't recall if anyone responded to your question about fatigue. Infantry units will gain fatigue if you have that set in the options. If it's not set, then infantry fatigue is ignored and you can move/rush across landscape as much as you like.

Thanks
Rick
budd

Post by budd »

thats explains it... i'm playing force 60second turns, I'd like to see a 60/60 turn cycle or 60/40. Maybe i'll try 40/40 again, i didn't give a lot of time. Too much of the first 3 combat mission games i guess, it's what i'm used too. I'll check my fatigue settings...thx.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

thats explains it... i'm playing force 60second turns, I'd like to see a 60/60 turn cycle or 60/40. Maybe i'll try 40/40 again, i didn't give a lot of time. Too much of the first 3 combat mission games i guess, it's what i'm used too. I'll check my fatigue settings...thx.

And when you finish your current campaign, you might want to try the 3rd Pz Campaign - it has a slightly different look and feel to it.

Rick
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I tended to go up the slope to the left then work on the Soviet lines in a clockwise fashion.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
budd

Post by budd »

i used the hill in the center to stay masked as long as possible, you get pretty close to the crossroads when you get to the top. did you take your tanks through the woods? I put as much of the foot soldiers on the tanks as i could and dropped them when the tanks started exchanging shots but they were slow to get into action on the left which is why i lost the left flag.There were alot of entrenched infantry[:'(]..everywhere, I did send the 38's thru the trees when they arrived. I don't know if this was by design but looking over the map afterwards the T-34's on the left never moved from that map edge, they didn't move down the road at all. Which i didn't know at the time once i lost LOS. I hit those KV's with everything from the front and the side and they just kept firing. Things were going well until about turn twenty something, i had the center and left flag and was going to deal with the T-34's on the left and swing right to get the last flag when the KV's showed up and wouldn't die. I first started trading shots with them and working around to the side but once all the shots kept bouncing off i withdrew.

Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I was gettng stymied by the hull down AT gun pits. Then I tried the tandem tank charge crush. It works.

Attachments
tankcrush.jpg
tankcrush.jpg (615.81 KiB) Viewed 338 times
panzer
budd

Post by budd »

the damn things are kicking my A** in my battle, i finally did the charge thing, at a cost as there were a number of the damn ATG's and the germans dont get to run them over [;)] ... why cant the germans tanks run down infantry or guns? The way arty works hinders things also, i should be able to call fire on an area i dont have direct line of sight too.

Mobius

Post by Mobius »

the damn things are kicking my A** in my battle, i finally did the charge thing, at a cost as there were a number of the damn ATG's and the germans dont get to run them over [;)]
In my case the gun positions did not support each other so I was able to mob each. I was having a hard time trying to out shoot them as they are small and well protected by the Russian earth. Plus my Russian tanks were getting one shot off for each 3 shots from the AT gun. Least the German tanks would be trading shots one to one vs. an AT gun.
... why cant the germans tanks run down infantry or guns?
Germans don't have the charge order. Russians don't have the bound order.
Infantry don't really bunch up like they do in the game. So you might get one or two stragglers. Anyways you don't want to close within 25 of infantry in good shape as they will use close assault tactics on the tanks.
The way arty works hinders things also, i should be able to call fire on an area i dont have direct line of sight too.
We don't have map fire. Plus that might have to be pre-planned and not as response to anything being seen. One could make the case that it happened minutes or even hours before the scenario began and the OOB is what is left of the forces after it's affects.
panzer
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

the damn things are kicking my A** in my battle, i finally did the charge thing, at a cost as there were a number of the damn ATG's and the germans dont get to run them over [;)] ... why cant the germans tanks run down infantry or guns? The way arty works hinders things also, i should be able to call fire on an area i dont have direct line of sight too.

I think Mobius has already replied, but just to second his thoughts, bombardment of map areas not in units LOS should be considered to have occurred before the scenario begins. Of course, you could always take the scenario designer to task for making so difficult! Russian AT guns can be a real bear to overcome. blocking their LOS with smoke, suppressing fire, and flanking can help.

Maybe someone should do a boot camp on taking out AT guns.

thanks
Rick
budd

Post by budd »

Yea i'm learning..... i used smoke but again probably not enough. The artillery thing bugs me because in this same battle a KV and T-34 are stationed in a town i worked a unit into LOS and it got taken out before i could plot, so i'm working around a small dip in the ground to the get a flank view of the tanks and maybe i can get my nebelwerfer plotted before my LOS goes away. What if my unit with LOS gets killed after plotting arty and i lose LOS... will the arty still come? Are nebelwerfer a 1 shot deal? I'm learning the system and the appropriate orders to use in situations and having fun with it......I already see where i would of done things differently. I've been playing under the 40/40, not sure about it, I'd like to be able to adjust my movement path [not just withdraw] during reaction phase...not alot..maybe a limit like under the defend order.

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

....... What if my unit with LOS gets killed after plotting arty and i lose LOS... will the arty still come? Are nebelwerfer a 1 shot deal?

Once plotted, artillery will arrive even if calling unit loses LOS or gets killed. And I think the nebelwerfer fire all arrives at once. But it should give a good accounting for itself (and a good show too).
I'm learning the system and the appropriate orders to use in situations and having fun with it......I already see where i would of done things differently. I've been playing under the 40/40, not sure about it, I'd like to be able to adjust my movement path [not just withdraw] during reaction phase...not alot..maybe a limit like under the defend order.

Glad you're still having fun with it. You can still issue either a halt order or a target order to individual units during the Reaction phase. This allows you to stop some of the units to provide cover fire during reaction phase if you run into some enemy you hadn't expected.

Thanks
Rick
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

so i'm working around a small dip in the ground to the get a flank view of the tanks and maybe i can get my nebelwerfer plotted before my LOS goes away. What if my unit with LOS gets killed after plotting arty and i lose LOS... will the arty still come? Are nebelwerfer a 1 shot deal?
The artillery will arrive even if the caller gets destroyed, moves away or does something else. You can even change the orders of the caller and do any other order after it called artillery. A single unit can call more than one battery. I think the nebelwerfer has a reload.
panzer
budd

Post by budd »

Thanks for the info, appreciate you guys answering all the questions.

budd

Post by budd »

This was funny both my mortars were firing standing up. They went to normal posture next turn.

Attachments
screen_8_1..03_39PM.jpg
screen_8_1..03_39PM.jpg (275.18 KiB) Viewed 333 times

budd

Post by budd »

top shot looks like there might be something out there, bottom shot.... zoomed view ..its a target rich environment.

good thing i reversed my stugs outta there.

the Ferd takes a hit..bounce.

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Nice screens - it looks like you have a horde heading your way.

Those Katyusha's can really wreck havoc on a concentrated force.

Thanks!
Rick
Elron Hubbub

Post by Elron Hubbub »

test

Elron Hubbub

Post by Elron Hubbub »

Attachments
Screenshot132.jpg
Screenshot132.jpg (341.17 KiB) Viewed 342 times
budd

Post by budd »

Back into the PCO breech. My panzers move through the trees to attack a town. It sure is nice to be able to read the text finally, no problems playing on Win 10 so far. I played a lot of 41 battles last time i ventured into PCO, i've moved to 42.

Attachments
screen_2_1..53_00PM.jpg
screen_2_1..53_00PM.jpg (899.64 KiB) Viewed 342 times

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

glad you had some time to dip your toes back in.

That makes for a nice battle.

Thanks
Rick

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”