Panzer Command: Ostfront Full Feature List

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

junk2drive

RE: Panzer Command: Ostfront Full Feature List

Post by junk2drive »

Setup zones have been added.

For all of you that didn't like the limited placement mode of PCK/OWS.

The scenario designer must place them on his map. The designer can fix units in place that the player cannot move them.

RBG will generate a zone also.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

I'm looking forward to this title to replace my non-working (under Win 7) copy of CMBB.

Seems to be beaucoup fresh gameplay features [8D].
HintJ

Post by HintJ »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Setup zones have been added.

For all of you that didn't like the limited placement mode of PCK/OWS.

The scenario designer must place them on his map. The designer can fix units in place that the player cannot move them.

RBG will generate a zone also.

This is great news. Do you think it is possible before release to get setup zones into campaigns?
"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I'll have to test that but since campaigns use regular maps they should have them also. The older OWS and K maps may not have them because of how they were made. At worst you will have the old limit of 100m MP and 250m solo (I need to check this) and for solo F4 allows unlimited placement.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Just tested.

There are the original campaigns and a few new designer campaigns in PCO. For a map to have setup zones the designer must apply them (it is very easy). Since this is a new feature, none of the new campaigns have them.

However I generated a random campaign and the first battle was on an old PCK map and it did have a setup zone on it.

I doubt that we will spend the time to add zones to the old campaigns. They were tested without them and we wouldn't want to mess with them. You are free to do whatever you want to with your game.
HintJ

Post by HintJ »

What do the yellow and green command lines mean? I think I read somewhere what they mean but I forgot.
"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Movement ability of the sub unit. Green/green full movement Green/yellow no quick movement Green/red sub unit can not move.
billios65

Post by billios65 »

Hi Erik,

will the PAK 43/41 88mm AT gun be represented in the new release?

thanks Bill
Thomm

Post by Thomm »

ORIGINAL: Rick

As has already been pointed out, PCO doesn't use "tiles" the map is actually drawn at a 1 pixel = 1 meter scale, and the color of the pixel determines what terrain type a particular 1 sq meter is.

Seems as if PCO does use tiles, but they are just smaller than those in other games (Close Combat: 2 m, CMx1: 20 m, CMx2: 8 m).

True tile-less engines would involve vector-based terrain definition.

Best regards,
Thomm
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: Thomm
ORIGINAL: Rick

As has already been pointed out, PCO doesn't use "tiles" the map is actually drawn at a 1 pixel = 1 meter scale, and the color of the pixel determines what terrain type a particular 1 sq meter is.

Seems as if PCO does use tiles, but they are just smaller than those in other games (Close Combat: 2 m, CMx1: 20 m, CMx2: 8 m).

True tile-less engines would involve vector-based terrain definition.

Best regards,
Thomm

I guess a pixel could be considered a tile. If so we have the smallest tile based system possible.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

This first post: 'Panzer Command: Ostfront Full Feature List' is by date: 8/17/2010 4:12:04 AM.
It should be updated, right?
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Templer

This first post: 'Panzer Command: Ostfront Full Feature List' is by date: 8/17/2010 4:12:04 AM.
It should be updated, right?

there have certainly been changes since that list was created

Thanks
Rick

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”