Units upside down !!

Post bug reports and technical questions here.

Moderators: Ronald Wendt, RalfZenker

Elwood

Units upside down !!

Post by Elwood »

Hi,
I an currently playing the second campaign, and I noticed during a lots of scenarii that some time to time, a unit is flipping upside down when requesting it to move backwards.
the case is the following : the unit is on a road or a bridge, facing north (for example) in the direction of the road (road is north <-> south). Next move selected is the hex just below the current hex (trying to move the unit 1 hex to the south, backwards). Instead of rotation 180° and move, the unit is first flipping upside down, and then moving to the correct hex. The unit remains upside down till the end of the scenario...
Is ther a fix foreseen for that pb ?
BR
Mathieu Leprince
RalfZenker

RE: Units upside down !!

Post by RalfZenker »

Hello Mathieu,

Thanks for your post. We know that this could sometimes happen but till now we have not found the reason for it.
As soon as we have a solution we will fix it in a patch.

Best regards.
Ralf Zenker
Binary Evolution Studios
Elwood

RE: Units upside down !!

Post by Elwood »

Hi,
in case you need an easy way to reproduce the pb (I work in software dev also....), here is the way to systematically reproduce the pb :
Select one unit (facing north (works with any heading but it is easier for explanation))
Move to 1 hex south (the unit is rotating 180° and move to south with heading south : ok)
Cancel move (the unit is moving backwards to the north , keeping heading South)
Move to 1 hex north : the unit flips upside-down, and moves to the north.
Hope it helps.
ML

Return to “Tech Support”