DEMO/buying this game

In this elegant turn-based strategy game, compelling gameplay combines with gripping history to create an addictive mix. Aimed at all levels, from those who have never played a wargame before to those who know the history of World War II in detail, this is an entertaining and mentally challenging game of combined arms strategy. Your armor, infantry, artillery and air units will follow you through the most crucial battles of the Eastern Front. You will be able to choose from 47 different upgrades and improvements for your units as well as add new forces based on your success in the campaign. Take command in two German and one Soviet campaign as well as individual scenarios and determine the fate of the Eastern Front.

Moderators: Ronald Wendt, RalfZenker

ME262

DEMO/buying this game

Post by ME262 »

I downloaded the demo in hoping it would run on my newest PC, well it loaded but the landscape was blackedout... so I loaded the demo onto my older PC and it runs great! the old pc is vista 32bit with a niveda video card.
I have read there were some issues with newer pc"s, this is true in my case... however I have purchased the game to play on my old old pc. wishing for a solution to play on newer pc"s running win 8.1 64 bit .... anyway with all that said Im going to enjoy this game.
zakblood

RE: DEMO/buying this game

Post by zakblood »

most old games will or should work on modern O/S like windows 10, with no problem what so ever as long as a few simple things are followed

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one of them which was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on you pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as our updates are comprehensive.

don't alter your DPI settings from default 96DPI unless asked to by the game, and sometimes it won't like to be installed in a given place when other times it will, so if as a last resort, re install it elsewhere C:\ games etc instead of default...
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Operation Barbarossa: The Struggle for Russia”