How about a Grand Scenario to cover the entire war?

In this elegant turn-based strategy game, compelling gameplay combines with gripping history to create an addictive mix. Aimed at all levels, from those who have never played a wargame before to those who know the history of World War II in detail, this is an entertaining and mentally challenging game of combined arms strategy. Your armor, infantry, artillery and air units will follow you through the most crucial battles of the Eastern Front. You will be able to choose from 47 different upgrades and improvements for your units as well as add new forces based on your success in the campaign. Take command in two German and one Soviet campaign as well as individual scenarios and determine the fate of the Eastern Front.

Moderators: Ronald Wendt, RalfZenker

Greyshaft

How about a Grand Scenario to cover the entire war?

Post by Greyshaft »

One thing that would make me buy this game is if a scenario existed that covered the whole war - hear me out on this one.

* A map from Berlin to Leningrad to Stalingrad
* Units represented Corps or Armies
* A time scale in months or seasons
* I'm not suggesting redesigning the game to increase the number of hexes or limits on units - I'm looking at just RENAMING units as larger bodies of troops and creating a map where towns are RENAMED as Moscow/Stalingrad/whatever and placed in the correct position relative to each other

OK, it would be completely unrealistic since this is not a strategic wargame but I think it would be a whole lot of fun. Surely there's a modder out there with the skills to do this?
/Greyshaft
Ronald Wendt

RE: How about a Grand Scenario to cover the entire war?

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

i hear you on this one. Anyway the game is an operational game, which means its focused on single battles or stages of the war.
What you describe is roughly a grand strategic scenario. To make this real fun, a lot more features would be necessary in my opinion.

Its not impossible to do, just a total different approach.
Ronald Wendt

RE: How about a Grand Scenario to cover the entire war?

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

another thought would be to link the two existing main campaigns (Great patriotic war & Operation Barbarossa) to a major one for one side.

This way you experience the whole time scale from 22.6.1941 to 2.5. 1945 with historical battles. I guess testing would be the biggest issue with such a huge project.

Return to “Operation Barbarossa: The Struggle for Russia”