TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen2 - Trojan in Officers.exe detected DURING install.

Post bug reports and request technical assistance here.
HelmutHerr

TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen2 - Trojan in Officers.exe detected DURING install.

Post by HelmutHerr »

When installing Officers for the first time I was alerted by my antivirus software (Avira) that "TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen2 - Trojan" had been found in Officers.exe. I have tried installing on several different computers with the same result. I have also re-downloaded the installation file and experienced the same result when installing. I opened a support ticket (44146LJEOJELRIIBVITAHXGZB) 5 days ago and have yet to receive a response or update. I see in the forum others have experienced a virus and it may be a false alert but I would like confirmation of this before completing the installation process and running the game. Additionally, if it is a false alert I'd prefer not to have my antivirus signal a virus alert every time I start the game or run a scan.
SeanD

RE: TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen2 - Trojan in Officers.exe detected DURING install.

Post by SeanD »

Hi Strongstein,

Sorry about the delay! We're looking into this. Just sit tight, I assure you that you will not be ignored.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
HelmutHerr

Post by HelmutHerr »

I've applied the AntiVirusFix update but virus alerts still occur for Officers.exe. Excluding that file from scans has suppressed the alerts when starting the game.
SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Sorry about that. The virus "fix" doesn't work for all virus scanners since every AVG is different.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Andrew Loveridge

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Strongstein,

Could you give me the version of Avira you are using. I will contact them, to see if they can fix that. Also did you try turning it off while installing? Sometimes it can trigger during the install, but not while running the program.
Andrew Loveridge

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hi All,

Avira has confirmed Officers.exe creates a false positive and will remove it from their list in a future update. For their official report check the link below.

http://analysis.avira.com/samples/detai ... tid=431393
HelmutHerr

Post by HelmutHerr »

I've confirmed it is no longer an issue for me. I appreciate your commitment to resolving the problem, thanks.

Return to “Tech Support”