What is the difference between establishing colonial rule and annexing a country?

Armchair generals and fans of grand strategy can take their turns building great empires or protecting the world from tyranny during these pivotal moments in world history. In addition to nation-level trade and diplomatic concerns, you are tasked with managing region and city-level projects, choosing the right technologies to research, directing military movement and development, conducting international diplomacy, maintaining domestic stability and producing resources vital to making everything else possible. No two games of Making History II: The War of the World will be the same as there are an unlimited number of ways to achieve your goals. The choices you make determine the history of your nation. Whether that history will speak of a liberator or a conqueror is up to you!
ulver

What is the difference between establishing colonial rule and annexing a country?

Post by ulver »

What is the difference between establishing colonial rule and annexing a country? In my first game I have conquered Germany as France by declaring war on turn 1 (should that really be allowed in 1933? – seems unlikely the French government could get away with it domestically)

Anyway should I annex Germany or establish colonial rule? What is the difference?

MuzzyDev

RE: What is the difference between establishing colonial rule and annexing a country?

Post by MuzzyDev »

ORIGINAL: ulver

What is the difference between establishing colonial rule and annexing a country? In my first game I have conquered Germany as France by declaring war on turn 1 (should that really be allowed in 1933? – seems unlikely the French government could get away with it domestically)

Anyway should I annex Germany or establish colonial rule? What is the difference?

Hi ulver,

Annexing gives you complete control but the most potential problems with stability, which affects your overall national stability, as those regions are now part of your nation. Colonies still let you set the city production, but any troops will be homegrown. If your nation gets in trouble losing a war or otherwise weakened, the colony may split off and form a new nation, taking those troops you've built with them.

AFA attacking Germany in 1933, we do not restrict players from making any choice they want. But it will lower your stability. If you take to long to defeat germany than you can run into trouble, and annexing them will add to your woes.

We're actually looking at adding some troops to Germany to make it harder for France to preemptively invade.

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager
Muzzy Lane Software

Return to “Making History II: The War of the World”