Tutorial questions

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
rickier65

Tutorial questions

Post by rickier65 »

I'm patched up to v1.11. I've just started going through the manual, (though I'm actually alternating between reading manual and reading the tutorial).

I tried to make a screen shot to illustrate my question, but it didn't work (shift prnt scrn then paste into paint.net).

In any event -

The tutorial 1 section on Area of Ops. Talks about the AO being very limited when 21st Tank Corp HQ is slected (most of map shaded red). Then getting larger if you click on the second button in the display (also showing 2 Sov. Objectives).

My question is; the red shaded area doesnt change (and only covers about a third of the map so isn't very restrictive) in my game. Since AO seem to be a big part of this game, I want to make sure I understand what's happening.

Can someone confirm for me that in Tut. 1 when selecting 21st Tank Corp HQ, then trying the three different AO buttons, the red shaded area doesn't change?

If someone could also tell me how to take a screen shot of this game, I could post one to show when I'm referring to.

thanks,
Rick

EDIT -
I decided to go ahead with the tutorial - but the very next section deals with moving units - It says to move the 7th Tnk Brigade to the front line. However, when I select the 7th Tnk Brigade, it isn't allowed to move anywhere (a red marching soldier icon). This is a little frustrating. I checked the revised manual and it contains the same instructions. I've played both KP, and BiN, back couple of ears agao - so I'm a little familar with the system - but I still prefer to go through the manual and tutorials for a new game.
Carl Myers

RE: Tutorial questions

Post by Carl Myers »

The tutorial is messed up. If you want to see the difference in the AO's, start a game and then click on that tank corps HQ.
The 7th Tank Brigade is in a different AO, you are not supposed to move into the 6th Army's AO.
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

the tutorial was written for v 1.00 so it's possible there may be errors with later patches. Suggest you uninstall the game, reinstall v1.00, play through the tutorials then patch to 1.11

cheers
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

the tutorial was written for v 1.00 so it's possible there may be errors with later patches. Suggest you uninstall the game, reinstall v1.00, play through the tutorials then patch to 1.11

cheers

Chris,

I installed a clean 1.0 on my laptop and the AO in the tutorial looks like described in the tutorial narative now, thanks. And the 7th Tnk Brigade has movement options as described. Thanks! Maybe I'll just finish the tutorials on the laptop.

Thanks!
Rick

Return to “Tech Support”