I've decided to get this, but...

Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets is the latest strategy title from the award-winning team at Strategic Studies Group. A synthesis of the very best elements of two critically acclaimed and top-rated game systems, Decisive Battles and Battlefront, and a successor to both, the new Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets brings to life a campaign of epic scale and dynamic battles on the Eastern Front of World War II.
Nikolaj

I've decided to get this, but...

Post by Nikolaj »

I'm considering getting Korsun Pocket, too, since they're both on sale. It seems like a good value, since it also includes The Ardennes Offensive, but from what I can tell, Kharkov's engine is much better.

Should I even bother with KP? Is it completely outdated, or will I be able to enjoy it, even after playing Kharkov?

Thanks in advance.
Lützow

RE: I've decided to get this, but...

Post by Lützow »

I didn't get to know the series prior to 'Battles in Normandy'. But from what I can tell, the Kharkov engine is a considerable improvement over BiN, what implies that KP most certainly will feel lacking.
Nikolaj

Post by Nikolaj »

ORIGINAL: Lützow

I didn't get to know the series prior to 'Battles in Normandy'. But from what I can tell, the Kharkov engine is a considerable improvement over BiN, what implies that KP most certainly will feel lacking.

Alright, thanks. Based on that - and the fact that a few people who seem to have difficulties running KP in Windows 7 - I guess I won't get it.
Ralph1961

Post by Ralph1961 »

Get Battles in Italy, there are several user made scenarios that are very good and it is the most up to date of the decisive battles series

Return to “Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets”