Post War West-Germany Addon

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding

Moderator: Jason Petho

Legionaer

RE: Post War West-Germany Addon

Post by Legionaer »

Thank you,

indeed it helps. Would great if you have more details.

Stefan
I create and revise: OoB´s, ToE´s, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (forever CWE!) Working on OoB´s for the new CSCW and scenario playtesting for the Beta Brigade.
Legionaer

RE: Post War West-Germany Addon

Post by Legionaer »

I´m very sorry but the works on the WG Addon will not finished until 2007. Had to many different things to do at the last days. So i will start the last works at it in January.

Best Regards,
Stefan
I create and revise: OoB´s, ToE´s, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (forever CWE!) Working on OoB´s for the new CSCW and scenario playtesting for the Beta Brigade.
FrenchyUSMC

Divided Ground with Matrix ?

Post by FrenchyUSMC »

It will be a very good idea to release this old Talonsoft's game with a better Matrix edition... [;)]
So, unfortunately, despite great graphics, Divided Ground scale of game (the same as other campaign series : 250 meter per hex) is difficult to play with modern units...[8|]
Frenchy
Legionaer

RE: Divided Ground with Matrix ?

Post by Legionaer »

Gentlemen,

actually I wanted to publish the West German files tomorrow, in last "minute" it shows that the units in scenarios are well works but have no function for campaign games. Mike found this error!

The oob files must be revised. It should be available in the middle of February for the release.

Mike, many thanks for your reference![&o]

ORIGINAL: FrenchyUSMC

... is difficult to play with modern units...[8|]
Well, it´s difficult when you play only the games with WW 2 units. DG has a lot of good ideas. For a better feeling it´s a must to play regularly. Believe me, if you spend more time with the "new" weapon generation and you will see DG with an another view.

Stefan
Legionaer

Post by Legionaer »

The work is finished and the Addon will release in the next few days. You can download it by theblitz.org.

Have fun,

Stefan
Legionaer

Post by Legionaer »

West German Addon 1.00 is released here: http://www.feldzugschmiede.com/index.ph ... _published

A lot of fun with it,
Stefan

andym

Post by andym »

Ooooooo,ok so just exactly what do i need to do to get this awesome mod?
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

You just need Divided Ground, the download from above, and version 2.01 of British, French, US, and Soviet mod files also. Those are available here-ftp://209.164.73.216/pub/mods/campaign_series/Divided%20_Ground. You need the following;
DG2.00
DGBritish2.01
DGCommon2.01
DGFrench2.01
DGSoviet2.00
DGUSA2.00
DGUSpictures
Divided Ground pictures

So, Install Divided Ground, I would recommend deleting all scenario's, download all those, and Stefans Germans. Next you patch DG to 2.01 by applying the DG2.00 and DGCommon2.01 files, THEN apply all the other files, lastly apply Stefans Germans, that should do ya!! Just let me know if you run into problems.

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Legionaer

Post by Legionaer »

ORIGINAL: andym

Ooooooo,ok so just exactly what do i need to do to get this awesome mod?
Hello andym, please read Post # 46, follow the link and you can get it. In the Package is an installations guide. Follow the instructions and all should work.

Mike, my friend. Thank you for your well made instruction. Behind me are a few weeks with a lot of work.

Short info: The east german NVA Files are nearly ready. Now i just began to revise the Soviet Mod files. I hope this modern stuff has a chance to be a part of the Matrix Edition game play in the future. [:D]...[&:]...=[:-];
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Hi Stephan

I wouldn't worry about rebuilding the Soviets as I am well under way doing so already.

Jason Petho
Legionaer

Post by Legionaer »

Hello Jason,

good to hear that a few more people spend their time to chance the older nation files. They are good, but especially the Soviet oob´s includes some mistakes in their oob´s.

Example: The Corps are available in the fifties. In 1956/57 the Soviet Army changed their Army structure and the Corps were not longer a part of the troops.

I found some mistakes too in my WG Addon, an Update will follow.

Info: Karlis sent me a mail that my letter arrives!
andym

Post by andym »

Are we any closer to a matrix version of DG?
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Early 2009 is the unofficial plan. It is in testing now.

Divided Ground and Vietnam in the same package.

Jason Petho
andym

Post by andym »

Awesome!cant wait!
Legionaer

Post by Legionaer »

Hi andym,

please note that we are talking about two different Projects. One is planned by Matrix, Jason talk about that. The Cold War Europe Project is still under construction by a handful german guys and until today it use the old Divided Ground engine. Release is also planned in 2009 and i hope there is a way to use the new Matrix codes to get a Matrix CWE version.

Regards,
Stefan
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

A NATO vs Warsaw Pact offering (with a couple other additions) will be availabe from Matrix using the MCS engine in late 2010 as part of the Modern Wars series.

Jason Petho
Legionaer

Post by Legionaer »

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

A NATO vs Warsaw Pact offering (with a couple other additions) will be availabe from Matrix using the MCS engine in late 2010 as part of the Modern Wars series.

Jason Petho
Hi Jason,

a lot of work will come in the future! We should do something together! [:D]
Stefan
Legionaer

Post by Legionaer »

Gentlemen,

the work for the Cold War Europe Project goes further. The sounds and menu pictures are majority finished, at nations we have the FRG, the GDR, the USSR and Canada finished, France, GB and the USA are playable. For each side still two further nations will be added and all nations can be added under NATO or the WP.

The "old" Divided Ground will spend the engine, so the new features will not be a part of this game. Release is 2009.
Dumnorix

Post by Dumnorix »

Hallo Panther (Legionär)
With the engine of DG escape you however the mad helicopter possibilities, the numerous new pioneer features and the camouflage possibilities of the tank hunters and special troops.

Mit der engine von DG entgehen euch aber die tollen Hubschraubermöglichkeiten, die zahlreichen neuen Pionierfeatures und die Tarnmöglichkeiten der Panzerjäger und Spezialtruppen.

H.Balck
Legionaer

Post by Legionaer »

Hi H. Balck,

yor´re right and it´s really very unfortunate! I didn´t found a way to use the new Codes for our Game. Very sadly about it!

Stefan

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”