East Front Campaign error

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderator: Jason Petho

santasean13

East Front Campaign error

Post by santasean13 »

Hi folks,

I'm running a German campaign in East Front (currently SS motorized division, 1942) and have started having a repeated error. When I go to a new battle, about every 3rd to 5th time I get this same series of error messages - related to unable to build the Soviet force to oppose me. After the messages it sends me back to the main menu. I can go straight back into the campaign and click for the next battle and it proceeds OK. If I had just applied replacement points they are retained. Time has passed - like it skips that battle. No other errors.

Alienware laptop running Win 11. I don't remember getting the error messages until I reached divisional command and the error messages all relate to a Soviet brigade (I think the SS organization skips the brigade and goes straight to division, which might be related??). I am running version 2.02.

These are the messages I get from the last occurance:

East Front.exe: [ERROR ID 1000] (UnitAllocator.cpp, line 949, CUnitAllocator::BuildForce()) for nation Russia, level Brigade, unable to get starting org

East Front.exe: [ERROR ID 1000] (UnitAllocator.cpp, line 886, CUnitAllocator::CreatForces()) for nation Russia, level Brigade, BuildForce() returns NULL, unable to create forces

East Front.exe: [ERROR ID 1000] (CampaignBuilder.cpp, line 88, CCAmpaignBuilder::BuildCampaign()) UA.CreatForces() returns false, unable to generate battle, try some other nation(s) and/or parameters

EastFront.exe: [ERROR ID 1000] (CHaracter.cpp, line 355, CharBegin()) BuildCampaign() returns false, unable to build campaign

Let me know if you need further info. Thanks!

--- Sean

Return to “John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support”