MCS User BUGS

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Arkady

RE: MCS User BUGS

Post by Arkady »

East Front - Russian Assault Engineers

There is probably wrong hard attack value for Guards Assault Engineer Platoon and Squad.

Normal Assault Engineers have hard attack 4, Guards have hard attack only 1 (as regular Engineers).

Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: Arkady

East Front - Russian Assault Engineers

There is probably wrong hard attack value for Guards Assault Engineer Platoon and Squad.

Normal Assault Engineers have hard attack 4, Guards have hard attack only 1 (as regular Engineers).

You are correct, and this is addressed for 1.03.

Jason Petho
XLVIIIPzKorp

Post by XLVIIIPzKorp »

Yep, they have the shovel icon.

Gary
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Hmm, will have to check it out!

Thanks, Gary

Jason Petho
Arkady

Post by Arkady »

Russian tank riders ability is borken

I'm trying load 6SP SMG platoon on 3 SP T-34/85 tank platoon
According to manual

"Tank Riders: Medium and heavy tanks, as well as most assault guns and tank destroyers, have the ability to carry infantry “riders” but cannot tow guns. Tanks and other armored vehicles that are allowed to carry “riders” can transport double their amount of SP (e.g., a 3-SP tank platoon can carry a 6-SP infantry platoon, etc.). Such vehicles
are designated by the presence of a “soldier with submachine gun” icon in the lower-left corner of their Info Box."

and my experience from Talonsoft's version, it was working before

any tip how to solve it or some hot-fix before 1.03 patch ?

I just created meeting engagment scenario for our Wargaming Club weekend party and it's really game breaker now for us. Only three days left to change OOB and balance sides.
Arkady

Post by Arkady »

Infantry with same SP strength can be loaded though
Checked for German side, same problem, no double SP limit for tank riders
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Weird.

I will check this evening and see if I can give you a quick solution for your weekend.

Can you email your scenario/oob/map files?

Thanks
Jason Petho
Arkady

Post by Arkady »

Clarification - problem belongs only to editor, in game it is working fine [:)]

For setup I'll edit scn file in notepad to start scenario with loaded units

Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Ah fantastic.

Good to hear indeed.. I hope the weekend is a blast!!

Jason Petho
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Hello Jason,

I had to do a system recovery on my computer in order for it to operate properly. Now after doing that everything seemed fine untile I had to resume one of my Matrix games. Problem is when I try to open any Matrix game, I'm getting an error code 486. And I cannot open any game or PBEM game. Any suggestions or ideas for a fix ?

Warm regards

Eric a.ka. Jumbo
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Hi Eric.

Hope you're well, haven't heard from you in awhile!

If you are running Vista, I would recommend doing an uninstall, double checking the uninstall to make sure there are no fragments left and then reinstalling. Error Code 486 seems to be a registry or password error. I am unsure as to why it creeps up. Make sure you install it as an administrator.

Jason Petho
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Thanks Jason .... I'll give that a try
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Hello Jason,

I tried to uninstall as you suggested. I open my Matrix folder and see two uninstall icons. I right click / double click ... and still no uninstall ? .... how is that exactly suppose to work?. I then just deleted the game alltogather from my computer and did a reinstall including the two updates available while installing. It looked as though everything was in working order until I sent one of my moves to one of my opponets. He recieved an error message and then his WF just crashed. My opponet looked into the problem on his end and it stated I was running version 0.00 ... I found that odd since I installed both updates 1.01 and 1.02 during my reinstall ... any thoughts here?

Thanks!

Eric
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Hmm, that is odd indeed. It almost looks like the Updates didn't take? Are you sure they installed in the correct folder? Did you install 1.02B as well? You shouldn't have to install 1.01 and 1.02, as the 1.02 update is cumulative and it already includes 1.01.

Jason Petho
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

In WF, I am playing a post-war scenario with Tiger 88 involving the Allies versus the Soviets (slot 24) the turn one of my airstrikes was due to arrive, the sound happens, but I get a failure to stretch bitmap etc., long story short, Russian UP00515.bmp, UP00516.bmp, and accompanying SP00515/516.bit are missing in both Russian and Soviet oob's (SU-2, and PE-8)!!! This effectively stops our game![:@] Anyone who helped develope the WW2 parts of JTCS have these files residing in their HDD could provide a zip file for a patch?
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

OK, dug around in my old Talonsoft directory and found the missing icons! Now, in your next patch, you will need these files Up00140, 141, 142, and will also need to make corresponding SP.bit files for them, or just wait and I'll post them here, getting ready to take care of this problem right now, then I can post them to Jason or whoever! Problem is, in the oob's, even though there are 3 unique icons, you guys have the SB-2 and PE-8 using the same icon, this should be changed.

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Hi Mike

You can email me the changes, if you wish.

Jason Petho
King Conda

Post by King Conda »

Kindly help me here...

I have been trying to start an Operation Barbarossa Campaign using the Russians. The problem is that when I get into my force setup, I don't see any artillery. When I check my reinforcements, I don't have any. OK, that's fine, but it still seemed odd to me that high command didn't give me any, so I bring up the artillery dialogs box and it would show that I have 6 122mm pieces and when I center on them it moves to the map but there are no units there. This has happened to me several times in trying to get a campaign started...

I Don't get the arty in setup, nor in reinforcements but my artillery listings show I do have artillery. Where is it hiding? :) This has happened a few times now....

Kindly give me some advice here...

Thanks
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: King Conda

Kindly help me here...

I have been trying to start an Operation Barbarossa Campaign using the Russians. The problem is that when I get into my force setup, I don't see any artillery. When I check my reinforcements, I don't have any. OK, that's fine, but it still seemed odd to me that high command didn't give me any, so I bring up the artillery dialogs box and it would show that I have 6 122mm pieces and when I center on them it moves to the map but there are no units there. This has happened to me several times in trying to get a campaign started...

I Don't get the arty in setup, nor in reinforcements but my artillery listings show I do have artillery. Where is it hiding? :) This has happened a few times now....

Kindly give me some advice here...

Thanks

Is there an Asterix (*) in the artillery dialogue?

If so, then that is off map artillery.

Jason Petho
Mraah

Post by Mraah »

Jason,

I don't know if this is a bug or feature ...

It deals with Concealment. Apparently non-combat units can see units better than combat units.

In the left screen shot below (LOS tool enabled) you can see that the SdKfz 11 can see the four units as question marks.

In the right screen I moved the Security Platoon to the SdKfz 11 hex and the question marks vanished on the next turn, so it appears the combat unit is subject to the concealment check (showing one unit) whilst the non-combat unit gets free "?" without a check.

This can be tested and duplicated in any scenario ... simply play "hot seat" and move the units in/out of LOS.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments
shot1.jpg
shot1.jpg (190.2 KiB) Viewed 452 times

Return to “John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support”