Brigade-level command bug

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderator: Jason Petho

jonny_bass

Brigade-level command bug

Post by jonny_bass »

Greetings all,
I recently attempted to begin an American DCG commanding at brigade level, but when I clicked on "Begin new mission" I was greeted with the following messages in quick succession:

2023-03-06 22:31:07 West Front.exe: [ERROR ID 1000] (UnitAllocator.cpp, line 949, CUnitAllocator::BuildForce()) for nation Germany, level Brigade, unable to get starting org

2023-03-06 22:31:32 West Front.exe: [ERROR ID 1000] (UnitAllocator.cpp, line 886, CUnitAllocator::CreateForces()) for nation Germany, level Brigade, BuildForce() returns NULL, unable to create forces

2023-03-06 22:31:43 West Front.exe: [ERROR ID 1000] (CampaignBuilder.cpp, line 88, CCampaignBuilder::BuildCampaign()) UA.CreateForces () returns false, unable to generate battle, try some other nation(s) and/or parameters

2023-03-06 22:31:51 West Front.exe [ERROR ID 1000] (Character.cpp, line 355, CharBegin()) BuildCampaign() returns false, unable to build campaign

The campaign date then advances to what presumably would be the next mission start date. Repeated attempts generate the same result; this also happens with the British and Russian campaigns. It doesn't happen at when commanding at any of the other four command levels. It also doesn't seem to affect the German DCGs.
Obviously, this creates quite a problem for any Allied DCG career starting at regiment/battalion level. Does anybody else have this problem, or know if there's a patch or some other workaround?
Thanks in advance,
Jonny

Return to “John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support”