John Tiller's Campaign Series update ???

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

artofwar85

John Tiller's Campaign Series update ???

Post by artofwar85 »

Supposedly after they came out with Vietnam they were going to upgrade so to speak Campaign Series the WW2 stuff to where it looks like Vietnam and the Desert one ... any idea if this is still in the works ???

To redo / retweak Campaign series ???
There is a Peace that is only found at the other end of War.
Jason Petho

Re: John Tiller's Campaign Series update ???

Post by Jason Petho »

Campaign Series East Front III is slated for after Campaign Series Cold War.
berto

Post by berto »

artofwar85 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:53 pm Supposedly after they came out with Vietnam they were going to upgrade so to speak Campaign Series the WW2 stuff to where it looks like Vietnam and the Desert one ... any idea if this is still in the works ???

To redo / retweak Campaign series ???
Redo, yes. Retweak, no.

Any future WW2 upgrades in the style of, and to the standard of, CS:Vietnam and CS:Middle East would be entirely new games. There are no plans to update the older "John Tiller's Campaign Series" of WW2 games. They have been end-of-lifed.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Gamesmith12

Post by Gamesmith12 »

Please, some help for an old guy. I've played John Tiller's Campaign Series since it was first released but can't get East Front or West Front to open on my newer PCs. I've tried with both Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11 Home. The game interface comes up but I get the message:
"Side-by-side configuration is incorrect. See application log or use command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

Huh? I've tried several clean downloads of the game upgrade but same message. Any advice appreciated. I love this game!
MarkSirloin32

Post by MarkSirloin32 »

Anyone up for a match of EF2/WF/RS?

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”