Organization Editor - how do you use custom organizations?

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

insidius

Organization Editor - how do you use custom organizations?

Post by insidius »

If I create a custom Organization in the Organization Editor, how do I use that custom Org in a game of East Front / West Front? I'm specifically interested in using it in Dynamic Campaign games.

How do I get them to appear in the list of armies I can select in the game?

Thank you.
Jason Petho

RE: Organization Editor - how do you use custom organizations?

Post by Jason Petho »

Take a look at the Campaign Series Vietnam manual that I posted a couple days ago.

It goes into detail on how to create orgs and how to use them in the game.
insidius

Post by insidius »

Great, I'll take a look right now. Thanks!
insidius

Post by insidius »

Jason,

I figured out how to create the organization, I just don't know how to actually choose it when I start a game.

I'm trying to use a custom organization when I play the Dynamic Campaigns of East Front. So if I wanted to play Case Blue from East Front but use a custom organization instead of a default one, how would I load that? Either the manual doesn't cover that or I missed it.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

You have to make sure the numbering (ie, proper organization class) is correct and the dating is correct, otherwise the dynamic campaign system won't recognize it as the proper structure type.
insidius

Post by insidius »

What I did was copy an existing Org that I can already choose for the Operation Barbarossa (June 1941 - May 1945) Dynamic Campaign. I made some changes in the editor and the editor date was set to June 1941. I saved it. Then I load up Operation Barbarossa and follow the same selections I normally would to get to the original Org and the custom Org doesn't show anywhere in the list.

Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'll keep messing with it.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Email me your edited files and highlight what you are changing, maybe I can see what you're doing wrong.

jasonpetho at hotmail dot com
insidius

Post by insidius »

Sent that file over. Thanks for taking a look.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: insidius

If I create a custom Organization in the Organization Editor, how do I use that custom Org in a game of East Front / West Front? I'm specifically interested in using it in Dynamic Campaign games.
A bit late to the party, but here's a Dev Diary I wrote some time ago about the internals of Dynamic Campaigns:

[*] Creating a new Dynamic Campaign
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”