JTCS and Port Forwarding

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Hub

JTCS and Port Forwarding

Post by Hub »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but if it hasn't, I found the following settings allow me to port forward JTCS through my router firewall, allowing multiplayer internet games:

Protocol / Port (or range) / Host Port

TCP / 2300-2400 / 2300

UDP / 2300-2400 / 2300

TCP / 47624 / 47624

TCP / 6073 / 6073
Jason Petho

RE: JTCS and Port Forwarding

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: Hub

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but if it hasn't, I found the following settings allow me to port forward JTCS through my router firewall, allowing multiplayer internet games:

Protocol / Port (or range) / Host Port

TCP / 2300-2400 / 2300

UDP / 2300-2400 / 2300

TCP / 47624 / 47624

TCP / 6073 / 6073

Thank you, Hub

We have a new sticky now!

Jason Petho
Hub

Post by Hub »

NP, Jason. Hope it helps a few people out there.
Arkady

Post by Arkady »

I add few tips for online multiplayer games where more than 2 ppl are involved (3-16)

- lower combat result details to medium
- tick off "Scroll to view enemy actions"
- tick on Fast Human, Fast AI movement

If one of the players leaves the game because of game crash/lost connection, he can experience after reconnection duplicity in all fire results and his game advance two times faster (he ends in different side turn), only solution is save the game by a host and start new session.

Learned issues after years of multiplayer online gaming (10 or more players in one battle)
- bridge demolition doesn`t work properly, only player that invoked the action has bridge destroyed properly, other players can cross the bridge from the other end.
- Rising Sun can clone units when moving japanese units between caves (old unit stay in source hex, new units appear in target hex)
- if different players move/fire into same hex with their own units, game crash/freeze for them
- last plane will fly every turn until the target hex is out of sight for spotting units
- artillery needs to be set up directly, not through artillery dialog (otherwise game crash for you)
Deepstuff3725

Post by Deepstuff3725 »

I'm having trouble getting the game to connect via an IP internet connection. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this to work? Or has anyone been successful in playing multiplayer with the IP connection?

A friend of mine and I want to play online using IP. I've setup port forwarding using the parameters above, selected host, but when he tries to connect he gets the message saying no valid games are found. I can setup a LAN game with 2 computers at my house, but cannot connect with my friend who lives in another city.

Thanks for any help.
Jeff

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”