AGN Scenerio 1

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

Erik Rutins

RE: AGN Scenerio 1 - Final thoughts

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Numdydar,

Thanks for the AAR, but please do try the main campaign that the game was designed around as well - Archangel to Astrackhan. The short AGN campaign is an older, easier campaign and the first scenario is intended to be the easiest of all. In the main campaign, unit density is different and the scenario design is a bit more advanced. Even in War in the East, this part of Barbarossa is a breeze.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

I plan on that once the first patch is out [:)].

My feeling is that most people will try a scenerio or two and then try AGN as it is the shortest of the campaigns. This is what I did. So their impression of the game may not be accurate either. So something should be done to bring the AGN campaign to more representive of what the game is really like.

Again, I am not disappointed in my purchase yet as I can easily see the protential in the game system. Plus I know that Matrix does a good job of patching games long after other company's have stopped.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

this short campaign was for me like an extended tutorial, fun to play, easy to learn, great for finding out how to play and easy with tactics etc, very small learning curve, i a new player so latest patch installed, also got same ish results just took a lot longer and really enjoyed it, for me it's better than panzer corps, and yes I've played that to death, this is quite fresh, easy and fun, just started the long campaign on mission 2 as i type, i rolled over the soviets and now look forward to the next mission, knowing it won't last this easy but it's got me hooked, i like the look and feel of the game, how you can upgrade and keep your units, add secondary abilities etc, have read elsewhere on the forum about being cheaper to build new units than upgrade older one, which for me is correct and when you accrue more fighting ability it should cost more to keep you upgraded with weapons / upgrades and manpower etc, this is where Germany / Hitler went wrong, kept building more new units and didn't always remember it was better to re fit and keep in tact older better ones.

same as tanks and planes, less wonder weapons and more of the stander-ed stuff might have prolonged the war longer.

well typed enough but might do a AAR if i survive the campaign :)
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Typhoon over Moscow scenario, for example, is a bit tougher, especially as German playing PBEM. I see your points but do appreciate the lower counter density. Wasteland's new Fall Weiss is just ridiculous, although I love Time of Fury.

Return to “After Action Reports”