Gamer made content for Germany at War 1.09

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

Ronald Wendt

Gamer made content for Germany at War 1.09

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi folks,

as the Beta and with it the next update approaches, there needs to be some clarity as to the content you made and will be part in that version.

Here is what is planned and how it will be named in the change list:

New:

- Belgrade scenario by Jean Dillmann
- New tutorial campaign 'Art of war' by Zigmunds Steins based on Jean Dillmanns maps
- 1941-1942 new German campaign covering those years

Changed:

- Campaign Eastern Front was expanded and changed:
Riga scenario
– the Soviets will blow the bridge near Riga if you take the city while the bridges are still controlled by the Soviets.

Tallinn scenario
– added a German headquarter to justify the Soviet airborne operation (no one would drop paratroops on the front line, an attack on the headquarter looks more logical).

Odessa scenario
– the German units available as reinforcements in the original scenario are now deployed on day 1. Deadlines for for Brilliant, Normal and Tactical victory are 5 days shorter in comparison to the original Odessa scenario.

Crimea scenario
– the German 77th bomber brigade is deployed on day 1.
– the railway has been extended, now it goes to the northern end of the map (to look more realistic).

Vjazma scenario – ‘’epic Vjazma’’ (inspired by the original standalone scenario); Soviets have the Rzhev
– Vjazma defense line and Germans have infantry divisions of Army Group Center.
– Uhnov added as the fourth victory location (historically it was taken by Das Reich division).

Tikhvin scenario – 250th ‘’Blue’’ division has the Spanish flag in version 1.09

- Kutno scenario by Jean Dillmann updates to 1.05:
- Length of the game extended to allow for a brilliant victory
- Addition of a Polish unit
- Improvement text presentation

Please see this as a suggestion and a chance to work out the best text for this.

If there are any other maps or campaigns on wishes to be part of that update, use this thread to post them.

They need English and German texts to be included. I can provide German texts to a degree (i don't have time to translate 20 maps with plenty of text) and can adjust campaigns to fit into the list.

AngrySwan:

The 1941-1942 titled campaign could use a bit more spice in the title like "Invasion 1941-1942" or the like - what do you think ?
I will also adjust the names to fit into the pattern i need in my list (what i mentioned in a PM)

Are all maps of the "Art of War" campaign the latest maps e.g. including the German translations ?

If not should i simply exchange them ?

Regards,

AngrySwan

RE: Gamer made content for Germany at War 1.09

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi Ronald,

Art of War: maybe I have missed the latest Belgrad version. If so you can replace the old version with the newer one.

1941-1942: This campaign uses some original scenarios that were not modified, mostly in 1941.

Byalistok was modified to add the Wiking regiment.
(I need to check what has changed in BB-Moscow scenario)
Changes in Voronezh: the original force from Fall Blau removed so the player can use the force from Barbarossa campaign
(and I need to check what changes in the 1942 scenarios)

So there should not be a problem with the original OB-XXXX scenarios (maybe there is a need to beta test this campaign again before the final release.)

Eastern Front 1941 is based on the original AA scenarios but there are some small changes in all EF-XXXX scenarios compared to AA:

Lwow: Elite units are core and some Army divisions that were auxiliary in the original Lwow are also core.
Kishinev:
Uman: Garrison units have names and numbers.
Riga: A renamed city (the city north of Liepaja/Libau renamed to Pavilosta/Paulshafen (because Kuldiga/Goldingen is in the same region but away from the sea)
Totenkopf is core
Tallinn/Reval: German names for the larger Estonian cities (Estonia was conquered by the Crusader knights in the 13th century and as far as I know the old German names were used in 1940s)
Minsk: Das Reich division added and air units renamed (fighter unit to JG 34 ''Pik As'' and bomber units to KG 3 and KG 53)
Smolensk: different victory conditions (no choice of direction like in AA, the attack continues with all army groups)
Kiev: the possibility to transfer 2nd Panzer Group from AGC
Melitopol: a different army (1st Panzer Group acting as an independent force)
Crimea: a new army (11th) and some additional divisions.
Rostow: 1st Panzer Group instead of AGS
Luga: Polizei is core and a reinforcement, not bonus
Staraya Russa: partly based on the AA scenario and partly on standalone Road to Demjansk
Vjazma: epic, Uhnov as a target
Mozhaisk: Names for garrison units
Tikhvin: 250th ""Blue'' division is core
Moscow: changes in transfers between army groups (AGC is about 50 units by then so there is a possibility to send panzers to the reserve, not because they cannot move but because fuel is scarce)
The art of war is simple and esay to understand but fighting a war is hard.
Ronald Wendt

RE: Gamer made content for Germany at War 1.09

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi AngrySwan,

ok, i will use everything like we discussed here. The changes are always referring to the last available version which for the Eastern Front was 1.07 in Germany at War 1.08.

I will also give the 1941/42 campaign a name beyond the years. Then we could proceed to publicly test the Beta version of 1.09.

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”