Wish list

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

terminator

RE: Wish list

Post by terminator »

ORIGINAL: Ronald Wendt

Hi folks,

we have added a new feature for 1.09: a unit history.

The strength points and the enemies that are destroyed by that unit will be documented.

Hovering over the new icon (the "i" in the circle) in the panel will reveal the list.
If I understood well, by causing 9 points of strength damage, this unit (101. s.Pz.Abt.) also managed to destroy 2 units ?
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Ron is keeping this game going, good job
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi folks,
ORIGINAL: klhbekool

Thank you Ronald for adding that. I have always liked that feature.

ever since i played Strategic Command 2 it was the same for me. So you are welcome but its also a selfish deed [;)]
ORIGINAL: AngrySwan
Will it be compatible with save games from 1.08?
obviously the data is not collected and stored in the old savegames so you will not have the lists of old encounters, but they should load as usual and be upgraded if you save again later.
Depending on how much work it takes, could Pz IVH have the same icon as Pz IVJ? I believe they already had extra armor around the turret in 1943. The Pz IV with the long gun but no extra armor would then remain for Pz IVF2 and Pz IVG in 1942 and maybe some of those are still around in 1943. In Panzer General II it would be assigning another icon (which already exists) from the data base to an existing unit. I do not know how much work editing a unit takes in this game.
I can have a look at this, interchanging parts that are already in one of the meshes is not a big deal.
ORIGINAL: terminator
If I understood well, by causing 9 points of strength damage, this unit (101. s.Pz.Abt.) also managed to destroy 2 units ?
Yes thats right, the log acts like the score in a soccer game. Imagine a player advancing to the goal while overwhelming several defenders and passing the ball to a well situated teammate only two yards from the goal line. That teammate will be listed as the one who scored the goal while the other player made most of the effort.
That's why we also count the strength points a unit destroyed so you have a better overall picture.
ORIGINAL: demyansk

Ron is keeping this game going, good job

Thanks, i try to work on it as often as my life allows it.

Regards,
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi folks,

a new action was added to the scripts which enables a mission designer remove a unit from the map if it enters a certain hex.

The unit will then be added to an army that is determined in the action. This only works for ground units and specified hexes with the "occupy fields" condition and you cannot specify unit types. So if its a recon or an artillery unit does not matter.

You can select the current army, then the unit will be in the HQ, else it is stored until the new army is united with the players core army.

If you want to remove and count several units you need to create as many of the conditions as the number you want to remove.

Attachments
ActionRemoveUnit.jpg
ActionRemoveUnit.jpg (39.18 KiB) Viewed 347 times
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi Ronald,

That could be a useful addition to the Smolensk scenario, as now the 2nd Panzer Group can go to AG South without always sending units through OKH Reserve (which now is more like a transport depot than reserve).
It also makes sense to have an extra scenario for Leningrad even if you choose Tikhvin after Staraya Russa, so the player can send panzer divisions from AG North to AG Center and there is no need to worry about operational transfers which are rather confusing by now.

... and then OKH Reserve can be real reserve with infantry divisions which actually were kept in reserve and will arrive to the battlefield before Epic Wjasma.

The art of war is simple and esay to understand but fighting a war is hard.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi AngrySwan,

you are absolutely right, it can be used for "natural" transfers of the troops - those which are not send away during a mission stay with one army group and the player could actively send others to serve in a different area.

AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi Ronald,

There is one more unit that did not exist in 1941 and maybe has low priority for 1.09 - Elite Grenadier.
It represents the Elite grenadier divisions (not Panzergrenadier) in the last year of the war.
Icon: the existing Regular 43
Colors: the existing Elite colors (I am not sure how much work it is to repaint the figure with the Panzerfaust)
Stats: I have them in my notes.

If you did not have this unit in your plans it can wait - we do not have a ''Defending the Fatherland'' campaign and there are not so many post 1943 scenarios.

terminator

Post by terminator »

Hi Ronald,

There is one more unit that did not exist in 1941 and maybe has low priority for 1.09 - Elite Grenadier.
It represents the Elite grenadier divisions (not Panzergrenadier) in the last year of the war.
Colors: the existing Elite colors (I am not sure how much work it is to repaint the figure with the Panzerfaust)

If you did not have this unit in your plans it can wait - we do not have a ''Defending the Fatherland'' campaign and there are not so many post 1943 scenarios.
Finally, you want something like an Elite Infantry 43 ?

Attachments
Capture d’..an (174).jpg
Capture d’..an (174).jpg (77.21 KiB) Viewed 347 times
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Depends on how much work it takes to make it.
Two men are ready and there is the model for the man with the Panzerfaust - but I have no idea how much time/work it takes to repaint it.
If it can be done quickly and easily it would be a nice thing to have.

Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi folks,

creating the Elite '43 should not take long - added it to the list.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Hi Ronald,

Hi AngrySawn,

So what are your Stats for the new unit "Elite Infantry'43" ?
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi terminator,

These stats were made comparing Regular39 and 43 infantry and then making the same changes to Elite infantry.

Range:1
Ammo:6
Maximum Entrenchment: 4
Action Points:2
Move on Foot: 6
Spotting: 2
Fuel: 0

(this is the easy part, these stats are the same for Army units of 1939 and 1943 so I guess they will not change for Elite either)

Attack/defense:
Infantry - 13/12
(Elite 39 already have 13 so I left it as 13 for Elite 43 as well because attack value of 14 is what Army panzergrenadiers have)
Tanks - 9/6 (same changes as for Army infantry)
Artillery - 16/7 (like Army)
Planes - 2/8 (like Army)
Ships - 2/10 (like Army)

The price of an Elite 1939 division is 50% higher than Regular 1939, so, if the same applies in 1943, then the costs of Elite units will be
Battalion - 107
Regiment - 152
Brigade - 225
Division - 337

This is a simple method just comparing the new unit to old ones that already exist.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi folks,

as more nations join the war and more equipment floods the battlefield, overview becomes more important during editing maps.

So in 1.09 the unit list of the editor will have nation flags in front of the designation.

This way you can identify faster the units you seek:

Attachments
NationFlag..Unitlist.jpg
NationFlag..Unitlist.jpg (598.04 KiB) Viewed 346 times
terminator

Post by terminator »

Hi folks,

as more nations join the war and more equipment floods the battlefield, overview becomes more important during editing maps.

So in 1.09 the unit list of the editor will have nation flags in front of the designation.

This way you can identify faster the units you seek:
British QF 75mm Mk.I ?
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi terminator,
ORIGINAL: terminator

British QF 75mm Mk.I ?

if you ask which gun that is, its the American version of the Schneider 1897. It was given to the UK during a shortage of guns and they named it QF 75mm Mk.I.

Regards,
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Depending on how much work it takes, could Pz IVH have the same icon as Pz IVJ? I believe they already had extra armor around the turret in 1943. The Pz IV with the long gun but no extra armor would then remain for Pz IVF2 and Pz IVG in 1942 and maybe some of those are still around in 1943. In Panzer General II it would be assigning another icon (which already exists) from the data base to an existing unit. I do not know how much work editing a unit takes in this game.

In v1.09 the Panzer IV Ausf. H has the Schürzen (additional armor plates) in the model.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Now there are two new nations in the game, namely Norway and Spain. Also every nation in the game now has a flag (several had none because they were not used like Australia or the US) as well as at least one infantry unit and the needed transports.

With this you can in now create any battle in Europe or North Africa. Of course to depict all of them correctly, a lot of stuff is still missing. But there it is anyway.

Attachments
Placeholde..rNations.jpg
Placeholde..rNations.jpg (139.26 KiB) Viewed 346 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

gets them mods coming lads, someone needs a gaming fix[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
terminator

Post by terminator »

Now there are two new nations in the game, namely Norway and Spain. Also every nation in the game now has a flag (several had none because they were not used like Australia or the US) as well as at least one infantry unit and the needed transports.

With this you can in now create any battle in Europe or North Africa. Of course to depict all of them correctly, a lot of stuff is still missing. But there it is anyway.
France is also a "new nation" somehow. With 1.08, we had only Free France.

Do these infantry units for these new nations have new 3D models ?
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi terminator,

yes France is new, too but i mentioned that somewhere before so i left it out in these news.

These nations all have placeholders, meaning existing models e.g. Spain got the German 39, the rest the British 39 regulars for 1.09. If that changes in the future i cannot promise at the moment.

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”