Found my long lost copy of Korsun Pocket....BUT...

Please post bug reports, complaints and generally venting that you have not yet received the game here.
ghorn19

Found my long lost copy of Korsun Pocket....BUT...

Post by ghorn19 »

After reloading it I can't get any updates downloaded.
I've tried Matrix Games download site to no avail.

I've also tried the auto update feature from the main menu, and the message I get is telling me that I'm either not connected to the internet (I am) or the server is down. This has been the case for a couple of days.

I'm hoping its just a temporary server problem, because I can't wait to play the game.

Any Help????

Thanks in advance.

Pyrrhos

RE: Found my long lost copy of Korsun Pocket....BUT...

Post by Pyrrhos »

Hi ghorn19,

Here is a URL to the patches for Korsun Pocket,

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=238

Be sure to install patch 1.11 before you install patch 1.12b. You might need to install patch 1.10 if you have a really old copy of the game.

I have just started playing Korsun Pocket myself and I really enjoy the game but there is a steep learning curve before you can play it well. It is well worth it though. What got me to start playing it is I bought a digital download of Across the Dnepr so I thought that now was to the time to learn to play the game. I had printed out the tutorials a couple years ago but wasn't into playing the game at that time. Now that I have the German offensive of 1941 and the Russian offensive of 1944 the game is much more appealing to me. Anyways good luck with the game and have fun with it.

Regards,
Pyrrhos
Pyrrhos

Post by Pyrrhos »

I see what you mean, you can't download the patches. If you leave an email address at this site I can email you my zipped 1.12b patch of Korsun Pocket. You do have to have patch 1.11 installed for it to work though. I have a cd-rom for Korsun Pocket with 1.11 patch on it so I can't help you if you don't have version 1.11

Pyrrhos
alexs

Post by alexs »

Hi Guys,
I tried downloading from the patch area and it seemed to work fine for me from the link that pyrrhos gave - What browser/version are you using? Can you try again now (in case it was a transient problem).

Alex
Pyrrhos

Post by Pyrrhos »

Hi Alex,

I tried downloading the patches and I'm having no problems today. I guess the link was temporarily down. The browser I'm using is the latest verson of Firefox.

Regards,
Pyrrhos
Shawmut

Post by Shawmut »

I get the same variety of mesages. 
a.  One is, as it's been awhile since I put KP on I tried the True Update, that I'm not connected to the net. 
b.  Then when I try to add the Across the Dnieper I get the message that I need 1.10, not to mentiton the other recommendatons.

Now, self-admitting -

a. I have the reg numbers for AD so that's legit, but I can't get a reply back from Matrix on the KP registration, I assume there were some.
b. My E-mail has been consolidated to one address, but that shouldn't be an issue.

I seem to be having trouble with SPWW too.  Maybe I should just pitch the whole thing and ........  But I just like the strategy stuff Matrix put outs.  The other stuff I've seen looks like piball machines.
"Power currupts".... But someone must govern!
JSS

Post by JSS »

ORIGINAL: Shawmut

I get the same variety of mesages. 
a.  One is, as it's been awhile since I put KP on I tried the True Update, that I'm not connected to the net. 
b.  Then when I try to add the Across the Dnieper I get the message that I need 1.10, not to mentiton the other recommendatons.

Now, self-admitting -

a. I have the reg numbers for AD so that's legit, but I can't get a reply back from Matrix on the KP registration, I assume there were some.
b. My E-mail has been consolidated to one address, but that shouldn't be an issue.

I seem to be having trouble with SPWW too.  Maybe I should just pitch the whole thing and ........  But I just like the strategy stuff Matrix put outs.  The other stuff I've seen looks like piball machines.

To get the three patches use the link above in this thread. Update to v1.10, v1.11, and then v1.12; do in order as all three are required.
Shawmut

Post by Shawmut »

Anyone have any trouble communicating with Matrix Admin?  I have asked them to look up my serial for KP.  I have AcrDnpr serial registered but cannot locate the original KP #'s.
JSS. Thanks I want to get all my numbers legit.  I get the msg. 'email not recognized...'
JSS

Post by JSS »

ORIGINAL: Shawmut

Anyone have any trouble communicating with Matrix Admin?  I have asked them to look up my serial for KP.  I have AcrDnpr serial registered but cannot locate the original KP #'s.
JSS. Thanks I want to get all my numbers legit.  I get the msg. 'email not recognized...'

Never have used TrueUpdate. Saw a post from ErikR that Matrix is not promoting the feature as it has some issues.

Have always just downloaded my patches from the Matrix download section each game has...

For KP do you have the disk? As I recall there wasn't a SN associated... just had to have the disk in the CD drive.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Shawmut,

Are you e-mailing us at support@matrixgames.com?

In any case, Korsun Pocket never had a serial number in its original release, that was before our serial number system so if you have one of those old copies it can't be registered. Across the Dnepr was one of the first releases to ever have a serial number.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Shawmut

Post by Shawmut »

KSS and Erik,

Thank you for your replies.  I'll try the DL's agaiin.

Shawmut
NS101

Post by NS101 »

I can't get any of the Korsun Pocket downloads to download. There seems to be something wrong with the address that Matrix is using. My downloader says the "download is valid and located in the database but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for."
I got to a clothing site called "Korsun Pockets" by following the Matrix URL at one point (actually numerous times). I have even added a download assist program to try to solve this problem.
I have sent a msg to Matrix. Has anyone A: got an answer for this or B: copies of the patches so I can get up and running. I just tried to load "Across the Dneper" but it needs the updated version of Korsun Pocket! Catch 22!
Paladin
JSS

Post by JSS »

ORIGINAL: NS101

I can't get any of the Korsun Pocket downloads to download. There seems to be something wrong with the address that Matrix is using. My downloader says the "download is valid and located in the database but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for."
I got to a clothing site called "Korsun Pockets" by following the Matrix URL at one point (actually numerous times). I have even added a download assist program to try to solve this problem.
I have sent a msg to Matrix. Has anyone A: got an answer for this or B: copies of the patches so I can get up and running. I just tried to load "Across the Dneper" but it needs the updated version of Korsun Pocket! Catch 22!

Assume you're trying to download the patches(?)... all patch links working fine. Here's the link:

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=238

Right click the link for each patch and "save as"
NS101

Post by NS101 »

I was checking the various things that could go wrong with a download and discovered my problem with my computer. I use an IP masking service. I have to turn it off to get the downloads and patches. If anyone else is having a similar problem, try turning off the IP proxy mask.

On the wierd side, when I hit the button to go the home website I get a clothing company called "Korsun Pockets". Perhaps the link has gotten a tad old.

Thanks to you who sent me help and hints
Paladin

Return to “Korsun Pocket Support”