TAO2 and XP

Korsun Pocket is a the second game using the award winning SSG Decisive Battles game engine. Korsun Pocket recreates the desperate German attempt to escape encirclement on the Russian Front early in 1944. The battle is a tense and exciting struggle, with neither side having a decisive advantage, as the Russians struggle to form the pocket, then try to resist successive German rescue efforts and last ditch attempts at breakout.
Marc von Martial

TAO2 and XP

Post by Marc von Martial »

Hi guys,

maybe sombody of you can help me out. Is there any way to get TAO2 running under XP? I tried everything possible with the "compatibility mode seetings" so far, but to no avail. I played TAO2 some time ago and wanted to give it another try.

thanks advance, Marc
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

Unfortunately TAO2 won't work under NT/2000/XP. Unless you set up a dual boot machine (and there are plenty of resources on the net to help you do this) you will need to wait until KP is released to enjoy some more DBWWII action.

Cheers, Chris
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

Yep, I have a dual boot machine. The point is that I don´t wanna boot up the machine new just for some 15 minutes of relaxing gaming between all the work.

Seems one is stuck here then.
ab067

RE:

Post by ab067 »

I know, an old post.

But this question comes up and since the original TOA is so good and flattens the learning curve for learning Korsun pocket, etc, here is the fix.

It runs on a win 98se os.

If you have win xp install microsoft virtual pc 2004 and the game will run flawlessly.

Return to “Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket”