What first? And Patches?

Korsun Pocket is a the second game using the award winning SSG Decisive Battles game engine. Korsun Pocket recreates the desperate German attempt to escape encirclement on the Russian Front early in 1944. The battle is a tense and exciting struggle, with neither side having a decisive advantage, as the Russians struggle to form the pocket, then try to resist successive German rescue efforts and last ditch attempts at breakout.
spellir74

What first? And Patches?

Post by spellir74 »

Hi. I'm thinking of getting this game.

What should I play first in your opinion? Any [video] tutorials you know of?

What patches are necessary?

AND... Are there demos of this and dnepr AND KHARKOV?
test

Ron

RE: What first? And Patches?

Post by Ron »

Korsun Pocket and its add-on Across the Dnepr progressed into Battles in Normandy which in turn progressed into Battles in Italy. There were significant changes to the system in Bin and BiI, none of which were retro-fitted to Korsun Pocket, though a lot of scenarios were redone and new ones made, especially for BiI, the last of the Decisive Battles series. Personally, if I was to get any of these it would be Bin and/or BiI.

Battlefront was a new engine and new direction for SSG, it has since been refined into Kharkov which will soon have a new Across the Dnepr add-on based on that engine.

spellir74

RE: What first? And Patches?

Post by spellir74 »

Hello Ron.

Thanks for the response.

I was interested in KP because it is deemed the modern beginning and garnered mundo accolades.

I understand the progression now: Decisive Battles: KP and later addon Across the Dneper, Battles in Normandy and BiI; then Battlfront.

I probably won't get KP now because I have just purchased Kharkov-D.O.T.Donets. (and if I like it A.t.Dneper II). (Someday when I'm comfortable with the engine, it would be interesting to see what all the hub bub with KP was about and to see how the engine has changed.)

Speaking of WWII games, the non Hex AOTA engine seems promising. I heard somewhere (I forget where) that AACOTA is being used by US military schools. It might have been some kinda contest, if I remember right.

test

Return to “Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket”