New scenarios and fog of war question?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and the editor for Battles in Normandy.

Moderator: alexs

hyperstork

New scenarios and fog of war question?

Post by hyperstork »

I had a couple questions about BiN and the Korsun Pocket games:

1) I see some scenarios made for KP that have forces not associated with the Eastern Front. Is it possible to use BiN to do the same? Ideally, I'd like to do a Russia invades France/Patton fights them scenario like in "A Damned Fine War." Is this possible in either game?

2) Can the user select different hidden/fog of war options in BiN or KP? Such as, the player can see the enemy units but they can't see his, or both sides see all enemy moves, etc?

Thanks for any help...
hyperstork

RE: New scenarios and fog of war question?

Post by hyperstork »

Anyone??? A little help? :/
JSS

Post by JSS »

ORIGINAL: hyperstork

I had a couple questions about BiN and the Korsun Pocket games:

1) I see some scenarios made for KP that have forces not associated with the Eastern Front. Is it possible to use BiN to do the same? Ideally, I'd like to do a Russia invades France/Patton fights them scenario like in "A Damned Fine War." Is this possible in either game?

Absolutely. BIN version of Rommel - Master of Battle (Kalach Bridge) should be completed this weekend (Columbus Day Holiday). Patton (Third Army & SS Armee Detachment) vs Soviets Karlsbad-Pilsen area will be released around US Thanksgiving Day Holiday.

2) Can the user select different hidden/fog of war options in BiN or KP? Such as, the player can see the enemy units but they can't see his, or both sides see all enemy moves, etc?

Scenario designer specifies hidden rules by terrain & by side/weather conditions. Player decides at start of game whether or not units are hidden (FOW) or totally exposed.

Thanks for any help...
hyperstork

Post by hyperstork »

Hey, that sounds great! Thanks!

Was a little unsure about fog of war rules. If you remove it, does the AI see all your units as well? Or can the scen designer alter this with hidden rules? I wanted to simulate an eye-in-the-sky (like a special B-17, ala "A Damned Fine War" again) and be able to flank a superior force that doesn't have the same spotting ability I have.
JSS

Post by JSS »

ORIGINAL: hyperstork

Hey, that sounds great! Thanks!

Was a little unsure about fog of war rules. If you remove it, does the AI see all your units as well? Or can the scen designer alter this with hidden rules? I wanted to simulate an eye-in-the-sky (like a special B-17, ala "A Damned Fine War" again) and be able to flank a superior force that doesn't have the same spotting ability I have.

AI uses essentially the same process/gets the same view you get when using the Combat Advisor.

What can be done to model air superiority/super recon capability is crank up the range one side sees the others units. This can go as high as 9 hexes away.

JSS
hyperstork

Post by hyperstork »

Thanks again for the info. I think I really have to get this game now. :>

Return to “Scenario Design and Editing”