Price shock

Battles In Normandy is the third game in the Decisive Battles game series. Battles in Normandy recreates all aspects of the Normandy campaign, from the landings on the first day to the final climax of the campaign at Falaise. Strategic Studies Group rewrote the Decisive Battles game engine for Battles in Normandy with a host of new special rules for amphibious and airborne operations, plus a huge number of other enhancements.

Moderator: alexs

MikeBrough

Price shock

Post by MikeBrough »

I've just picked up a copy of Beevor's D-Day in a charity shop (hardback, perfect condition, £1.50) and I thought I'd pick up a wargame to match. Then I saw the price - £34 for a 7 year-old game?????

Think I'll stick to my copy of TOAW for now.
Mike Brough
Proud to be an Arab

Be sceptical of the things you believe are false; be very sceptical of the things you believe are true.
jjdenver

RE: Price shock

Post by jjdenver »

It's much better than TOAW imo. I think it's still worth the price myself, but it's turn based so if you don't like turn based it won't be your cup of tea. I played a PBEM game of the campaign last year, was great fun. There are also some user-created scenarios over at ssg's forum. Be sure to patch it and get those scenarios if you ever pick it up.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Was thinking about buying it myself.

But at £40 (including the VAT which Matrix forgets to mention as part of the sticker price) for what is now an 8 year old game with no apparent support (e.g. the most recent question on the tech support forum from 2009 is still awaiting a reply) I think not.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Im getting this.Its on sale now half price,but if it was not, there is no way I would purchase.its $17 cdn now.Which is still pretty high for a 9 year old title.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: Wolfe

Was thinking about buying it myself.

But at £40 (including the VAT which Matrix forgets to mention as part of the sticker price) for what is now an 8 year old game with no apparent support (e.g. the most recent question on the tech support forum from 2009 is still awaiting a reply) I think not.
Thats how they are,they want an outrageous price,yet no support.
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

$17 canadian? Why so bloody cheap for you lot? This game, including Battlefront etc are still $34 Australian.

I love the games Matrix publishes, but I don't think I will ever stop hating their pricing system; it really makes bugger all sense.

As for SSG...yes, they really haven't been stellar in support of their games for a number of years now, not to mention pulling an all round houdini and vanishing off the planet. And they do charge like wounded bulls.

Good games though, I give them that.

Return to “Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy”