Run5 forums gone?

Battles In Italy is the fourth game in the award-winning Decisive Battles of WWII game series from Strategic Studies Group. Battles in Italy recreates all aspects of the Italy campaign, from the landings on Sicily to Salerno, Anzio and Rome. Strategic Studies Group has again updated the Decisive Battles game engine for Battles in Italy with campaign specific features and other enhancements.

Moderator: alexs

GiveWarAchance

Run5 forums gone?

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Is the iconic Run5 forums gone for good? That was the place to talk about these SSG games and find PBEM players.
Does anyone check in here? Maybe we can liven up this forum and the others like Battles in Normandy and Kharkov and Korsun Pocket.

These classic games must live on. They are the best I ever played for PBEM.
rickier65

RE: Run5 forums gone?

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

Is the iconic Run5 forums gone for good? That was the place to talk about these SSG games and find PBEM players.
Does anyone check in here? Maybe we can liven up this forum and the others like Battles in Normandy and Kharkov and Korsun Pocket.

These classic games must live on. They are the best I ever played for PBEM.

I thought the forum disappeared last year. Though I think the SSG web site is still there. And I agree, SSG games were among my favorites of all time. It was really a loss when one of the founding co-owners died several years ago.

Rick
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Yes I heard the sad news about one legendary member lost.

I wonder if there are still people playing SSG games. They have some good games with Italy, Normandy, Korsun, and Kharkov games all good for PBEM I think. I just bought Korsun Pocket last year so I only played that game single player.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

Yes I heard the sad news about one legendary member lost.

I wonder if there are still people playing SSG games. They have some good games with Italy, Normandy, Korsun, and Kharkov games all good for PBEM I think. I just bought Korsun Pocket last year so I only played that game single player.

My first SSG game was Battlefront, sometime in the mid 80's I think. I think it was my 2nd computer wargame I ever bought. I bought quite a few others they put out in the 80s covering both WWII and American Civil War. These were all on a Commodore 54. I subscribed to Run5 and used to key in the games they would include in the magazine.

Good memories.

Thanks
Rick
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Did you know SSG also made fantasy games - the famous Warlords games? I still play Warlords Dark Lords Rising game sometimes. The AI is quite strong. I was able to buy it on Gog and it works good. I want to get Warlords Reign of Heroes if possible. There is also the famous Warlords Battlecry 3 game.

Return to “Decisive Battles: Battles In Italy”