Offshore ship atry not firing...

Battles In Italy is the fourth game in the award-winning Decisive Battles of WWII game series from Strategic Studies Group. Battles in Italy recreates all aspects of the Italy campaign, from the landings on Sicily to Salerno, Anzio and Rome. Strategic Studies Group has again updated the Decisive Battles game engine for Battles in Italy with campaign specific features and other enhancements.

Moderator: alexs

carll11

Offshore ship atry not firing...

Post by carll11 »

I am playing the Avalanche scenario.

The ships that can fire or place interdiction are fine, they place, BUT the ships, ala arty fire on germ. units is not working ( it appears).

Thye are supposed to be able to provide art sppt. are they not, other than firinig on strongpoints??
mgarnett

RE: Offshore ship atry not firing...

Post by mgarnett »

Hi Carl11

I didn't think ships were able to provide artillery supporting fire to land based attacks. They can fire on fixed positions such as strong points or fixed locations (interdiction fire). I would have thought that the ebb and flow of a land engagement wouldn't have lent itself well to ship borne artillery. I'm no expert on this subject though.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
Carl Myers

Post by Carl Myers »

Ships that have artillery symbol(s) on their attack bar can be used as artillery in attacks by combat units.
carll11

Post by carll11 »

thx carl, but when you select atry to add to an attack in the attack calcuation panel, it doesn't show any of those ships firing or be added to the total, it just shows the land based arty....
Carl Myers

Post by Carl Myers »

Then the ships are too far away or the wrong country's ships. If you have the artillery radius on(a), then you can click the ships to see their firing radius. To check country, click on the units and ships to insure they have the same flag. Remember, some American units are attached to the British and operate as British units.

Return to “Decisive Battles: Battles In Italy”