Valuable experienced gained

Post descriptions and reports of your brilliant successes and unfortunate defeats here.
Tordenskiold

Valuable experienced gained

Post by Tordenskiold »

First of all, I really enjoy this game, it is fast, simple, and demanding. There is some issues though, that is not so easy to find the answer to, or avoid, before experiencing them in gameplay;

- If you have not noticed already, there is no UNDO button. So, be very very carefull on how you move. The same thing applies when you buy units and decide what to develop. There is no way to regret ones actions any place.

- Never try to attach a general to a unit that participate in blitzkrieg, it means a halt for that unit for the next 20 days...

- You can always unload a unit to a land hex, but loading is only possible when the unit are next to a port. Not every coastal city has one.

- Surrender: it seems that even thoug an enemy unit is totally isolated and out of supply, it will never surrender. Make sure to cover your rear.

- You can circle through all your unit with PageUP, PageDown to make sure you did not forget to move a unit. Unfortunately it circles through all, also the garrison troops that you have in all your occupied territories. Should have been a possibility to keep them left out.

- Be very carefull to exploit a breakthrough on the battlefield if you intend to get other units in to the fight. It is crucial to make sure as many units as possible it used in an attack, ecpesially to capture cities

- Never underestimate the garrison in an enemy city. They are sometimes real stubborn!

- There is some interesting statistics covering casualties, production etc. Unfortunately there seems to be no statistics on how much lend-lease goods you are able to sink (when playing the Axis of course).

This is some of the things I have discovered. I hope the creators will do some small changes to further increase realism, but I will still recomend the game to anyone

Return to “After Action Reports”