Commander Europe at war 1.04 BEST Mod and Scenario-from Barcelona-Spain

Players can post their mod files here for everyone to download.
rjh1971

Commander Europe at war 1.04 BEST Mod and Scenario-from Barcelona-Spain

Post by rjh1971 »

I got this mod from a fellow countryman from Barcelona, Spain. He asked me to upload it so everyone could play and enjoy it. He based his mod in Dave74's mod since Dave74 version was made for v1.02, so he decided to updated it. How many changes he has made to Dave's mod I don't know but I guess quite a few.

To install it:
1- Unrar files
2- Copy paste them replacing the original ones in the same folders as the ones you got when extracting them
3- I recommend making a backup of the files you're going to replace or either copy the whole game to another folder and then replace the files, this way you will have the original one as well as the Mod

Here is how he described it:
"I've worked real hard on it, with many new cities being more realisticly placed, oil resources location have also been corrected.
The cities location have been done after looking in HOI2 v1.3. Also the display of armies has been altered taking it from HOI2 v1.3
The german flag has been substitued with the swastika."

All credits and comments should be made to amilca: bcnkor at hotmail dot com
or post here. He had some problems login into Matrix Forum.

The mod was uploaded in rapidshare.com and it will remain there unless not accesed in 90 days.

Here is the LINK
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
rjh1971

RE: Commander Europe at war 1.04 BEST Mod and Scenario-from Barcelona-Spain

Post by rjh1971 »

Latest changes to mod made by amilca can be found here LINK

Just replace the files in your "CEaW/data/scenario" folder.

Do not download this update any longer, but the one in post #6
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
alaric318

Post by alaric318 »

thanks, i will give it a try, want to try something new these days, thanks for share it, just downloaded the updated 29 jan version,

best regards,

murat30.
There is no plan of battle that survives the contact with the enemy.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

I just got this mail from the creator of the mod:

"Fallo tecnico esta fallando el fichero ww2.map quitalo del zip, seguiran estando las unidades y las ciudades en su sitio, pero el nuevo lugar del petroleo y el valor de conquista de la ciudades nuevas no estaran.
Esta en ese fichero pero falla al calcular el programa los datos, se queda parado, intentare solucionarlo, si no puedo solucionarlo, tambien esta bien el mod, ya que tienes la situacion de las unidades mas reales y de las ciudades (el nombre solo) y el petroleo sera el mismo que el juego original.
si alguno ya ha puesto el mod que ponga su original ww2.map con todo el mod restante y funcionara el juego y tendra parte del mod estable.
Lo siento me di cuenta hoy al jugar la partida."

Which translated is:

"Tecnhical failure, the file ww2.map is failing to work properly, erase it from the zip (I guess its from the Jan 29th zip update), units and cities will still be at their places, but the new oil resources and the cities conquer value won't be displayed.
Those values are in the file, but the program fails to calculate the data correctly, it just hungs, I will try to find a solution, if I can't the mod is a good one, given a more real display of units and cities (only the name) and oil will be the same as the original.
If anybody has downloaded and installed the mod, just replace the file ww2.map with the game stock one (I think he refers to that one and not the one from the first version, but I ain't sure) and the mod will work.
Sorry I just noticed today while playing"

Again I remind you all that I'm not the creator of the mod, so no complains against me.[;)]

I can't give any more comments since I have installed the mod but not played, it's in my things to do list when I find the time[:D]

I know the translation is a bit crappy, but not my fault the explanation is also hard to understand in some aspects in Spanish, if any of you know Spanih you will realize that, he must have written it in a hurry [:D]

Regards to all.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Amilca just sent me the final version, so he says, in which the glitch reported in the post above is fixed, he has tested it and says it's ok.

I will upload it tonight, the sooner the better [:)]
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

All right Gents here is what's supposed to be the final version:

LINK

You need to download the main file from the link in post #1 and then upgrade with this one by replacing the files in your "CEaW/data/scenario" folder.

Again all credits goes to Amilca.
alaric318

Post by alaric318 »

greetings, i do have see the mod, and have it downloaded, just a tip or small reminder, i do have found already making my mods that are on my site, that is better to do not change the "fixed" structures,
productions sites, cities, and such, it is better to add stuff instead of mod the "fixed", it is the way i do have make my own mods to work, in a fast example, to raise, say Kiev production, main at start city
left it as it is on the original file, and maybe add one to two hexes adjacent to Kiev with the whised desired production that you want, setting up cities with more than one hex is a great available mod making
feature, as you adding it will make that the computer AI opponent will garrison all city hexes, making (not my own opinion), but making capitals surrounded by city hex will lead to the AI opponent garrisoning it all
and then it is more difficult to take enemy AI capitals, not straight guide to the mod, i think it is good as it is now, just a guide line for modders around.

an example about it... computer opponent will make garrison all cities hexes...
http://gallery.filefront.com/Alarick//886271/
this is what i mean, just say that this "feature" do not is my own idea, it comes from another member of these or slitherine's Commander forums, it help deploying units and help the defensive computer opponent.

with best regards,

Murat30.
Attachments
!Global Wa..ds Final.jpg
!Global Wa..ds Final.jpg (126.17 KiB) Viewed 436 times
There is no plan of battle that survives the contact with the enemy.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Here is the latest from Amilca

V 3.0:

esign for the 1939 scenario

-Added cities and ports more realisticly all over the world
-Added ground, naval and air units according to 1939 oob based on the HOI2 and Doomsday v1.3A.
-Added oil resources in more realisticly countries and increased the level of these all over the world.
- Vampered oil resources in the Persian Gulf
- New backstage music.
-Germany Plays with the nazi flag even in the battlefield
-Playing with Germany you can play, purchase units and research with Romania and Spain. Spain will be under your control before Italy and Romania after Italy.

And the LINK

The rar file contains the whole mod so no need to download from the links in the previous posts.
Remember to make a copy of your CEaW game and then replace the folders in that copy with the ones in the rar file.

Enjoy it.
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

Now that there is a 1.05 Patch, (slitherine version only!)
Will work begin on updating this scenario. (please)

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

I have just mailed amilca asking him if he was to adapt the mod for the next patch v1.05, when he answers I'll let you know.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: Agent S

Now that there is a 1.05 Patch, (slitherine version only!)
Will work begin on updating this scenario. (please)

Amilca has tested his mod with beta patch 1.05 (Slitherine version) and told me it was compatible, so that's good news for everyone.

There is a light additional touch to the mod, the production time and unit and generals costs have been modified.

Download here

http://rapidshare.com/files/97340922/co ... 5.rar.html
rednick

Post by rednick »

hello,
i try with the 1.6 version and i have a trouble...
I can't see the spanish unit !!!
i see the flag off each but not the unit...

Can u help me ???
Nico
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: rednick

hello,
i try with the 1.6 version and i have a trouble...
I can't see the spanish unit !!!
i see the flag off each but not the unit...

Can u help me ???
Nico

Sorry can't help you here, lack of time has prevented me from trying the mod besides I've been busy with other games.
Either try contacting Amilca or opening the mod with the editor and see if you can find the missing spanish unit.
I apologize for the late response, but better late than never [;)]
rednick

Post by rednick »

right ...
thanks for our response ...
Bye
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

This mod is positively spectacular. The only problem I see is that the Romanian unit icons aren't showing up in game. [&:]

Attachments
commanderbug.jpg
commanderbug.jpg (59.49 KiB) Viewed 332 times
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Woops. It looks like the Spanish icons aren't showing up either and the US has the battleships Iowa and Missouri in their starting OOB.

Other than these things, definitely a great mod!
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

A 2nd question no one will probably be around to answer...how did your friend from Spain edit the data files? Is he a programmer or is there a way to get into them to change force strengths etc? I'd really like to get into the guts of this game and do some tweaking. I know you can edit the TXT files but it looks like your friend from Spain is getting into the game files to do his work.

Many thanks.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Your wrong I'm suscribed to this thread and therefore around [;)], sorry I didn't answer sooner.

There is an editor for the game you can get at the official site http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewfor ... 758af35cdd

just get into the modders corner (register first) and download the editor, this way you will be able to get into the core of the game.

I don't know if amilca edited the data files or just tweak them with the editor. I think I uploaded everything he sent me. I still have all his mails but since he sent them separately as he was improving the mod I would have to look more in detail. No one else reported this glitch, iirc, about the rumanian and spanish icons, the mode wass supposed to be for v1.04 but again iirc i think it worked with v1.06
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Ah, thank God! No problem, thanks for replying! [:)]

Many thanks for the link!

One problem I seem to be having with this mod is that the game seems to be crashing at random points when running the mod. I was using 1.04 at the time. I'll try with 1.06 to see if it makes a difference. Otherwise this is such a fantastic mod it would be a shame if it doesn't work! Incredible piece of work your friend has done on this! Please give him my sincerest thanks for all his efforts if you talk to him again!

Thanks again!

Gary
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

I haven't played the mod myself [:-] since I'm focused on other games, but if I have time I'll drop a mail to him and let him know of the problem and thank him on your behalf.

Have you tried updating java to the latest version?

Regards

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”