AI intelligence?

Commander – Europe at War Gold is the first in a series of high level turn based strategy games. The first game spans WW2, allowing players to control the axis or allied forces through the entire war in the European Theatre.
Ason

AI intelligence?

Post by Ason »

I just bought this game yesterday and I have now captured Africa, Middle East, Caucasus and Moscow.
As always with these games, I'm not expecting too much from the AI but I'm just wondering if this is something that happens alot? Was I just unlucky or is the AI known to be extremely bad and I should therefore stick to multiplayer only?

Ever since I reached Riga and Minsk the AI has just stuffed Estonia completely full of units. They don't move even when I' at the gates of Moscow... After this I linked up with the finns and I'm now moving west to Leningrad but they still just stay there...
I wouldn't mind it if something would eventually trigger them to move, but capturing Moscow doesn't do it and I'm guessing capture of Leningrad won't do it either :/

Also in the west all the allies can manage is putting a couple of inf corps on the beaches, only to get slaughtered in 1 or 2 turns... Other than this it seems like a nice game, so I'm just wondering if it's worth it to restart and try again?

I played half the game on normal difficulty and then I set it to be all in favor of Allies.
lparkh

RE: AI intelligence?

Post by lparkh »

The Strategic Command series has a better Ai. Also Commander at War: WWI ( this series). Thus gmae is mostly played multiplayer from what I've seen.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Sorry so late but I just noticed this. I got this game in 3-16 and played it for a little bit. There is a better forum at the Slitherine site :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewfor ... bb4232fd26

To answer the question, CEaW is a multi-player game. They started on the AI but gave up, which is why it seems to do something, but then it seems to do nothing. If you continue to play you will notice just what you have posted above, that the computer opponent will bunch units in one area and leave them there. No challenge.

My opinion is - forget this one and wait for Strategic Command 3 [currently in Beta].
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

This game is a poorly done imitation of Strategic Command

Return to “Commander - Europe at War Gold”