An error in the “Define armour values”

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Fred98

An error in the “Define armour values”

Post by Fred98 »

In “Commands: Define Unit Values” we can choose whether the counters display attack values or defence values or a series of other things.

In paragraph 4.3 is the comment that Armour has an attack strength and a defence strength.

Also Armour has a AT Strength for firing at opposing Armoured units and an Armour Strength for defending against AT fire.

In “Define Unit Values” on the attack side we can select the AT Strength value.

On the defence side we cannot select the Armour Strength value. Instead the AT Strength value appears by mistake.

-

Obsolete

RE: An error in the “Define armour values”

Post by Obsolete »

Joe, I had to re-read that a few times again to understand it fully.

I think you're mis-understanding a small issue and that's what has caused some confusion.

There really is no Attack Side or Defense Side on the unit counters. Both sides can list anything, it just happens to be a rule of thumb that attack stats are often on the left with defend on the right.

The value called 'Armor' does not change. It is static. This is why (I believe) it is not listed (as one of the variables to display).

The variable called 'AT Strength' however, does change. Just see what happens when you take damage or get disrupted. You can display this variable on either side of the counter if you wish.

I'm also curious if you thought that AT was short for Attack Strength? The proper designation is Anti-Tank Strength.

Anyhow, it's getting late so hopefully I'm making some sense here.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

This info can be obtained by clicking on any unit and viewing the sidebar.

However, the "Define Unit Counters" is very usefull.

It is an oversite that it does not show the Armour value.

For Opportunity Fire and for Direct Fire, the Armour value is equally important as are the Attack and Defence values of non-armoured units.

-

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

I started to do a bit of extensive simulation and calculations in regards to armoured units a while back. I never felt I needed to have all my counters defined to show the ARMOUR value, and I still don't see me ever needing to.

HOWEVER, I suppose for completeness sake of ALL the bells & whistles, there would be no harm if this was added.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

ORIGINAL: Obsolete
I never felt I needed to have all my counters defined to show the ARMOUR value, and I still don't see me ever needing to.

If we are in the movement phase, we use Opportunity Fire and Direct Fire.

If the combat is armour v armour or it is armour v AT then we need to know the AT Strength and the Armour Strength.

Both values ought to be included in "Define Unit Vales"

I hope it can be included in the first patch.

-

Return to “Tech Support”