CAW-Raise the Dead @ Phillipine Sea as Japanese

Post descriptions and reports of your brilliant successes and unfortunate defeats here.
random_rail

CAW-Raise the Dead @ Phillipine Sea as Japanese

Post by random_rail »

I thought I would try this out, I figured with the air group changes and 2 more decks, I might be able to make a fight of it. First I went after the air group south of Iwo Jima. Then the one off Chichi Jima. Fate was kind to me, and sent the 2 fast carrier groups out from Saipan in a manner that allowed me to engage one, and remain out of range of the other. I then engaged the other one. Then the small group of CVE's off Tinian. Then the large group of CVEs off Saipan. By doing it a little bit at a time, rather than just wading into the middle of it, I was able to eat the elephant. A list of ships sunk by me, and my casualties follows. I forgot to write down what the airplane losses were, but they were pretty heavy for me.

American ships sunk:
Enterprise
Lexington
Princeton
San Jacinto
Yorktown
Hornet
Belleau Wood
Bataan
Bunker Hill
Wasp
Monterrey
Cabot
Essex
Cowpens
Langley
Iowa
South Dakota
Kitkun Bay
Gambier Bay
Nehenta Bay
Fanshaw Bay
Midway
White Plains
Kalinin Bay
Indianapolis
Baltimore
Boston
Canberra
22 tin cans and CL

Japanese ships sunk:

Zuiho

It was 4295 points to 819. I lost one ship and had 3 wounded, against 59 sunk and 19 damaged.[:)]
boo!
random_rail

RE: CAW-Raise the Dead @ Phillipine Sea as Japanese

Post by random_rail »

Managed to do it again, for some reason the Americans came at me once CV group at a time, and I thrashed them. Indianapolis and War Hawk the only two things outside of the Fast Battleship group still floating that was bigger than a destroyer. Wiped out all but one transport, all the CVE's. Took Washington out of the fast BB's. How do you guys get the screen on here for proof? I had 5k+ win, I'd like to be able to prove it if somebody sez "BS!".
boo!
alexs

Post by alexs »

If you havent done already, then register on our forums, and use the option to upload the details when the game finishes. This will store your scores, and you can see how your ranked on the scenario (we show the best 3 results from each side), at our stats page - here
random_rail

Post by random_rail »

Thanks.  Does anybody else think the Phillipine Sea fight is unwinnable as Japanese without using "raise the dead"?  The quality and number of the Japanese air arm is so bad as to be nearly useless. 
boo!

Return to “After Action Reports”