How do I get a refund?

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
Auspicious Crane

How do I get a refund?

Post by Auspicious Crane »

I bought this game in March and it ran for a few months and then stopped doing so. It hasn't worked since June.

There doesn't seem to be any support available. I reported it over on the SSG forum on June 21 and have forwarded the crash reports since as well. Neither produced any reply.

I then tried Matrix via the link in the game's opening menu, but they took 5 weeks to respond and the response was to ask me if I'd downloaded the latest patch. I had already said in my original support request that I had done so, and in fact have completely reinstalled the game more than once. Presumably I now wait another 5 weeks for the next dumb question.

I forget what I paid, about £40 I think, but frankly a product should last longer than that. I can run it on my office laptop but they don't like me doing that.

How do I go about getting a refund? This is the trouble with online purchase. If I'd bought this from a store I could just take it back.
e_barkmann

RE: How do I get a refund?

Post by e_barkmann »

Did you completely uninstall the game before you reinstalled?

I wonder if there is a corrupt file hanging around and the new install is not overwriting it.

Try this - uninstall the game, then delete any files/folders that the uninstall routine has missed, then do a fresh install, and then patch to the latest version.

Worth a try.

cheers
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
alexs

RE: How do I get a refund?

Post by alexs »

Hi Crane,
I've answered this in the run5 forums.

Cheers
Alex

Return to “Carriers at War Support”