Need help with map file

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and to share your design work.

Moderators: alexs, Gregor_SSG

cbelva

Need help with map file

Post by cbelva »

I cannot get the editor to recognize my "bigmapbad.bmp" file. I compiled it into the scenariopicts.xcr file with the bigmap.bmp file. The editor recognizes the bigmap file, but when I hit "switchground" button, it does not change to the bigmapbad map. Any ideas. I have deleted and recompiled into the xcr file several time. It is listed as the bad weather map under scenario data. Any help appreciated.

Charles
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
JSS

RE: Need help with map file

Post by JSS »

Look at Scenario [11] then Scenario Data [02]  Make sure the game is looking for the correct file.

If it is, then check Game Data [00]... this will tell you the exact size the map must be.  Check to see if your bad map is this size.
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

Do you ever sleep? Thanks for the quick response.

It is the same map as the bigmap. I had previously checked the "Scenario Data, and it is looking for the correct file. I checked the map size with what was required for game data and it was exactly what it needed to be. I am stumped?

Thanks again.
Charles Belva
JSS

Post by JSS »

Daylight Foolishness Time change combined with my kids Spring Break week has me up late [;)] 

I think the switch ground button has stopped working.   It was working before the final beta version (which included some significant changes to kill a couple of pesky bugs but also required resetting a bit of scenario data).
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

The switch ground button is working for the stock scenarios. When I could not get my scenario to work, I loaded the Market Garden and the Novorossik scenarios into the editor and checked them. They were both working when I pressed the switch ground button. So unless there is something you know that I don't, the button does not seem to be the problem.

However, I am hoping that you are right. I have a lot to do on the scenario and can wait on the patch.

One more question while I am at it if you don't mind. How do you add place names to the program? It appears that you need to do an overlay to the map and save it as a bmp file. Is this correct? The program can separate important names from non important names. Is there any style you have to use to achieve this?

Thanks again for your help
Charles Belva
JSS

Post by JSS »

Names tied to objectives are entered and placed via the objectives menu.

Larger names (terrain features or areas) can be added via the map overlay bmp.

Return to “Scenario Design and Editing”