weekly deal - Battlefront

Battlefront features the power of battalion-level combat in some of this period's most bloody and intense conflicts: Saipan, Market Garden, Novorossisk, and Gazala. Players will have realistic control over their soldiers, with a tactical scale just large enough to make a telling difference in the strategic picture.

Moderators: Gregor_SSG, alexs

jamus34

weekly deal - Battlefront

Post by jamus34 »

So battlefront is on weekly deal but checking the forums shows it's relatively dead. Does anyone have past exp with the game and if so is it payable in a one player format?
wegman58

RE: weekly deal - Battlefront

Post by wegman58 »

Does this trace back to an old (Late 1980's/early 1990's) game that was playable on an Apple ][ (Pre Mac)?

That would be a good thing.
Bill Goin
TomBombadil711

Post by TomBombadil711 »

If you choose to view all topics since beginning you will find this thread:

tm.asp?m=1385434

Hope it helps.
jamus34

Post by jamus34 »

Cool...did not know that
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: wegman58

Does this trace back to an old (Late 1980's/early 1990's) game that was playable on an Apple ][ (Pre Mac)?

That would be a good thing.

It shares the name, and is done by the same developers, but they did make significant changes between the original Battlefront (on c64 for me) and this one.

Thanks
Rick
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

Battlefront was a shift away from their Decisive Battles series to a more tactical feel, well suited for the battles supplied in the game set. Numerous new rules and features were introduced that enhanced the game system, such as new rules for para drops (eg merging units after a number of turns), ranged armor effects, new artillery rules. Worth checking out particularly if its on special. And the SSG AI will give you a good opponent for sure.
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
wegman58

Post by wegman58 »

I remember back in the day when I had an Apple ][ + and had some of the first computer wargames in the late 1980's/early 1990's (back before monitors when you hooked the thing up to your TV). There were some really good games on the Apple, but I shifted over to Microsoft products to be work compatible. Might be memory, but until recently the better games were the old ones.

But most of what I like now I get from Matrix which I didn't discover until a couple of years ago.
Bill Goin

Return to “Battlefront”