a simple question and a comment

Battlefront features the power of battalion-level combat in some of this period's most bloody and intense conflicts: Saipan, Market Garden, Novorossisk, and Gazala. Players will have realistic control over their soldiers, with a tactical scale just large enough to make a telling difference in the strategic picture.

Moderators: Gregor_SSG, alexs

Pat22

a simple question and a comment

Post by Pat22 »

Hi,

According to the manual armour units can make Direct Fire attacks. How do you do this? It is not explained in the manual or have I missed it?

The only feature I find somewhat disappointing in the came is that you know all about the combat odds before rolling the dice. Actually you can set up the attack to get the results you want. This used to happen in boardgames where fog of war is difficult to reproduce, but in a computer game this should not be the case. I can understand that some players like to have total control and optimise their attacks. But there could be a mode where you have less information, perhaps simply the number of steps of the defender. How is it in the next games such as Disaster on the Donetz and the expansion?

Any clues?
JSS

RE: a simple question and a comment

Post by JSS »

ORIGINAL: Pat22

Hi,

According to the manual armour units can make Direct Fire attacks. How do you do this? It is not explained in the manual or have I missed it?

The only feature I find somewhat disappointing in the came is that you know all about the combat odds before rolling the dice. Actually you can set up the attack to get the results you want. This used to happen in boardgames where fog of war is difficult to reproduce, but in a computer game this should not be the case. I can understand that some players like to have total control and optimise their attacks. But there could be a mode where you have less information, perhaps simply the number of steps of the defender. How is it in the next games such as Disaster on the Donetz and the expansion?

Any clues?

A picture (or two) is worth a 1,000 words... taking aim...

Attachments
t4_10_BH_f..k_DF_aim.jpg
t4_10_BH_f..k_DF_aim.jpg (81.36 KiB) Viewed 621 times
JSS

Post by JSS »

...and the results!

Attachments
t4_11_BH_f..k_DF_hit.jpg
t4_11_BH_f..k_DF_hit.jpg (81.96 KiB) Viewed 621 times
JSS

Post by JSS »

The two pix above are from a pre-release Battlefront AAR. (They're from page 8 of AAR thread)...

Here's the link:

http://ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3236 Go to page 8 of thread to see DF workings...

In the Battlefront Discussion forum, the AAR is listed as: Gazala AAR.
Mathew23

Re: RE: a simple question and a comment

Post by Mathew23 »

JSS wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:45 am The two pix above are from a pre-release Battlefront AAR. (They're from page 8 of AAR thread)...

Here's the link:

http://ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3236 dordle fnf Go to page 8 of thread to see DF workings...

In the Battlefront Discussion forum, the AAR is listed as: Gazala AAR.
Thank you for sharing the link

Return to “Battlefront”