A Very Short Satus on BOBII Version 2.10

Battle of Britain II “Wings of Victory” re-creates the famous and desperate air battles over southern England in 1940 at both the strategic level of the Air Commander and that of the individual plane and pilot. Relive what Churchill called "their finest hour", join the fight in the Battle of Britain!
buddye

A Very Short Satus on BOBII Version 2.10

Post by buddye »

Scott has gone beyond the call of duty for BOBII again and he has built the self-installers (2.10 and the MultiSkin). Scott is very busy right now working on his new FSX A2A Piper Cub for which he is on final approach (actually the Piper Cub was released yesterday, I think).

We are testing the BOBII self-installers (2.10 and MultiSkin) now on the Beta forum.

We still need to complete the testing and then rebuild the self-installer (English/International and MultiSkin) for any errors we find.

We are on final approach for 2.10, thanks to Scott's continuing support of BOBII.

I hope our players will give 2.10 a try when it is released.
buddye

RE: A Very Short Satus on BOBII Version 2.10

Post by buddye »

We are days away now. We just need to build and test the BOBII International Self-loader.

I think 2.10 will be our best todate. I hope you agree.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Kewl sounds good
kaybayray

Post by kaybayray »

Buddye I definitely will be [8D]

This is a great game. IMHO this engine is the best I have ever played for a Strat/Simm combo. Would really like to see it expanded to the Strategic Air War over Europe in the later period of the war. That would be the ultimate WWII Air Strat/Simm game.

Can this be played online with other players? Just have to ask. There is just so much in this game I havent even looked to see if that is in it yet. Everytime I explore something I find several new features.

Later,
KayBay [8D]
It's all Mind Over Matter....
If you dont mind... It dont matter
buddye

Post by buddye »

ORIGINAL: kaybayray

Buddye I definitely will be [8D]

This is a great game. IMHO this engine is the best I have ever played for a Strat/Simm combo. Would really like to see it expanded to the Strategic Air War over Europe in the later period of the war. That would be the ultimate WWII Air Strat/Simm game.

Can this be played online with other players? Just have to ask. There is just so much in this game I havent even looked to see if that is in it yet. Everytime I explore something I find several new features.

Later,
KayBay [8D]

For Version 2.10 we have implemented a Multi Player (MP) beta. We have spent months (after 2.09 was delivered) fixing MP and playing the MP on line.

I implemented the MP Button on the Main Menu to make it easier to test and work on MP without having to maintain two different EXE’s for MP and non-MP. The MP is just a WIP experimental feature “for now” as we know we still have some problems to solve with one being very serious in the Quick Mission MP feature (the AI are jumpy). The Death Match and Team Play features also have some lower priority issues (IMHO, score keeping, etc.) but all the BOBII MP features do seem to play without crashing or hanging.

The ability to host and play BOBII (or any other MP) MP involves some knowledge of PC networks and port forwarding for people behind routers (many players now have routers). Fortunately for BOBII, we have a network skill (Alex) to assist us and maybe document the process later but Alex will be on a vacation adventure for the next 6 or more weeks. Anyone who understands MP network issue is of course invited to try BOBII MP and report issues on the BOBII forum but BOBII MP is really not ready for the non-networking type prime time players. Maybe we can make more progress and move the BOBII MP forward during the next release BOBII release cycle.

Return to “Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory”