Battalion not cycling with spacebar

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
LarryP

Battalion not cycling with spacebar

Post by LarryP »

I may be clueless here, and I really hope so instead of this being a bug. In the picture below, playing Kirovograd, when I cycle through the four groups with the spacebar, the battalion 40 Guards Mortar never gets shown in the group with a bar over it. It never shows it's icon at all in the group box above. Is it because the line of icons is at full width? Or is it something else?

Attachments
Problem.jpg
Problem.jpg (188.32 KiB) Viewed 397 times
LarryP

RE: Battalion not cycling with spacebar

Post by LarryP »

Here is the saved game for the above.
Attachments
Krovograd2.zip
(6.66 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
JSS

Post by JSS »

This is an excellent observation!!! There's a few reasonable answers (all requiring me to look at the scenario settings in the editor)... and the possibility that this is a strange event (i.e. a bug).

The three units with bars over them are all displayed properly. Your katyusha rocket unit is not displayed on the 12 icons shown.

This is from a user created scenario, so the potential exists that what you're seeing is a scenario data setting error.

JSS
JSS

Post by JSS »

Ok. The scenario designer has 13 units assigned against that formation (7th/2U)... See editor shot below. Game is designed for 12 units per formation (i.e. there are only 12 small icons that can get the bar above them as shown in OP). So the unit not shown among the 12 listed is, in fact, the one that won't cycle. This looks like a minor scenario design editor error.

...what this means is that you've lost ability to cycle on the rocket (mortar) unit... but get an extra motorcycle bn (both are named 94th MC).

Attachments
Cycleerrorpix.jpg
Cycleerrorpix.jpg (115.84 KiB) Viewed 396 times
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

That makes sense. Well, I'm glad I didn't ask a bozo question. [;)] I'm also glad it's a scenario design error and not a bug. However, this probably could be kept from happening by a check in the editor.

Kharkov is a fantastic game and I'm happy to say this is the first problem I have found. Thank you for answering so thoroughly. Excellent reply. [&o]
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

good catch, I'll fix that for a future patch

cheers
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Thanks. [:)] Good scenario, and many thanks for your valuable videos. I have watched them and appreciate them very much. [&o]
hank

Post by hank »

Since the subject of a future patch popped up ...

When you move the cursor over the buttons next to the overall map (in the upper right corner, OMA, "i", and turn/map buttons), the cursor starts flashing with a "ghostbusters" symbol (circle with line across it) and binoculars (I think) ... (I'm at work so I'm going from memory).

Its not big deal at all but somebody else mentioned this eons ago so I thought I'd ask if others still see this phenomenon??   ...and can it be fixed

Oh, did I mention, I'm having a blast with AtD2?

Return to “Tech Support”