So Anything Going On?

Can the Blitzkrieg be stopped? Across the Dnepr: Second Edition revisits a classic on a new system. Created from the ground up as an expansion for SSG’s latest acclaimed game engine, Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets, the Second Edition of Across the Dnepr includes Areas of Operations, the latest AI programming and multiple Mystery Variants to keep gamers guessing. Also includes 3 free scenarios in addition to the Across the Dnepr mega-scenario: Operation Husky, Operation Konrad and Kirovograd
ComradeP

RE: So Anything Going On?

Post by ComradeP »

Nobody knows, at the moment.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

They posted something early Jan, about CAW on the SSG forums, if I recall correctly. They must be mad at us or something.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

They post in threads with technical questions rather quickly normally, but in no other threads.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Well fix the dang tutorial, that's a technical issue.

Pretty please...

I asked nicely.
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

There ain't much going on at the SSG forums, so I guess we ain't alone.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

My fav way to play is PBEM

If I can download a turn, play it and send it all within 30 mins I hjave happy to play a PBEM game.

But ATD 2 is a big scenario so I am not interested.

-

Lützow

Post by Lützow »

I take it that SSG ceased to exist, or at least is not interested anymore in further development of this series.
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

It's interesting, no comments from the developers and no comments from Matrix.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: sabre1

no comments from Matrix.

They don't seem to be commenting on much of anything these days. I read more posts from Eric on other forums then here.[&:]
Pete AU

Post by Pete AU »

SSG is still developing new product.
Currently playtesting is underway for new engine changes and sceanarios.
I spend a fair bit of time PBEMing with Roger - I have to say, their next game looks to be awesome.
Roger seems pretty busy at the moment with life, sometimes what you want to do has to take a back seat for a while.

For myself I can say that Guadalajara is pretty much finished and my Napoleonic conversion is now in its final stages. I'm at least happy I'll always have a game engine that lets me make my own wargames in the style I like. I'm always happy to share what I've done in the interest of keeping support for the engine up.

I would like to see the run 5 website better maintained with those things people seem to like. Like ladders, tournaments, demo games and tutorials and a place to post new scenarios etc. I think this would go a long way to boosting SSG's profile and its something they should do in house.
cheers
pete

"You don't have to tell me I'm right, we'll assume it".
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Thanks Pete AU, this is great news. I was getting worried that SSG was going away on us.

SSG needs to gin things up a little.
Noakesy

Post by Noakesy »

ORIGINAL: Pete AU
I would like to see the run 5 website better maintained with those things people seem to like. Like ladders, tournaments, demo games and tutorials and a place to post new scenarios etc. I think this would go a long way to boosting SSG's profile and its something they should do in house.
cheers
pete

Me too, but reckon you'll need a "bring back robjess" campaign for that....[;)][:)]
Noakesy
jacket250

Post by jacket250 »

Go to the SSG forums and I am sure you can get a game going.

Diablo 3 Items
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

I am more interested in hearing from the developers of these games every once and awhile. But obviously they can't be bothered to give their base players updates. Once every 3 months is not being unreasonable.

sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

The tutorial is still broke...

Telling me to uninstall the game and reinstall the first game, play the tutorial, and the install ATD2 is unacceptable. I uninstalled the whole game. I will come back to it, if SSG ever decides to support it, or at least post here regularly giving us timely updates as to progress or lack of progress. I don't care, just keep us informed as to what they are doing.

sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Well finally moved off the New Game section.

Slowly riding off into the sunset. It could have been a contender with just a little bit of caring and nuturing.

Contra002

Post by Contra002 »

Since the SSG ladder seems very quiet, let me suggest another site to find PBEM opponents. The Blitzkrieg Wargaming Club has a ladder (Classic Wargames) that is still active, with people who play SSG's The Ardennes Offensive, Korsun Pocket, Battles in Normandy, Battles in Italy. If enough interest is shown they will likely add Kharkov to the list as well. Meanwhile you can post there for a game request and report your played games that are currently on their list.

Here is the link:
www.theblitz.org

Contra002

Post by Contra002 »

An update to my last post.

At the Blitz we have now changed the name of the Classic Wargames (CW) ladder and forum to SSG Decisive Battles.

http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/ ... .php?fid=9

I will be entering scenario information in the near future for those who want to report PBEM Kharkov games. Korsun Pocket, Battles in Normandy and Battles in Italy already have most scenarios entered (including user created scenarios).

Return to “Across the Dnepr - Second Edition”